+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: RTHR Wednesday............  (Read 1868 times)

cindy26

RTHR Wednesday............
« on: March 15, 2009, 09:57:47 PM »
Scheduled for my RTHR on Wed.  I am getting nervous.  Tomorrow is my last day at work.  I am scared of the unknown and how the recover will be will a 2 yrs old around.  I am glad it here though.  I am to the point, I can't stand the pain anymore.  It hurts when I walk, sit, stand or even lay now.  It don't go away and that with narcotics.  I don't want to know what it will be like without them.  Wish me luck and in need of lots of prayers. 

Thanks Cindy

obxpelican

Re: RTHR Wednesday............
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 10:05:37 PM »
Cindy,

Good luck and tonight I'll be sending lots of prayers and good thoughts.

It's always the unknown that bothers you, read about other people, read their stories pre-op and post op, how many bad stories do you really read about?  I know I can say this because I've been through it too, the pain before was always much worse than post-op.

Please post as soon as you can post-op.

Chuck
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 10:21:18 PM »
Hi Cindy

I want to wish you Good Luck with your upcoming surgery.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Please keep in touch when you can.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Barbara

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 12:21:30 AM »
Cindy, I'll be thinking about you and sending positive thoughts your way.
I can tell you that I have had pain more pain relief than I could ever have imagined since my bilateral hip resurfacing surgeries at the end of last year. Like you I was in continuous pain though I had got used to it over the years and wasn't on any pain medication.
I hope you have help to look after your 2 yr old. I'll be thinking of you. Please keep us posted on your recovery.
Good luck
Barbara
Barbara
RBHR 10/13/2008. LBHR 12/08/2008. LBHR revision 1/18/2010, LTHR 9/23 2011, RTHR 12/16 2011............
Dr Pritchet, Seattle

karenj_m

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 07:58:02 AM »
That's fantastic Cindy!  WOO-hoo!

Just think....no more pain...

Of course you'll have healing pain (incision, etc.)...but no more bone grinding pain....

Just remember to follow all the rules, so that you have  a good recovery...and also try to be patient with yourself...its NOT a race :)

Best wishes
Karen
RH Biomet 56/50 uncemented / Dr. Gross (SC) 04/02/08

bradley

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 08:31:00 AM »
Cindy,
I am thinking about you and sending good wishes positive thoughts your way for Wednesday. I felt just like you are feeling six weeks ago before my surgery.
Now I have never looked back and wished that I had the surgery sooner instead of waiting. There is nothing to fear and just think - you will be pain free. It is a magical operation. Someone at work today actually remarked on how good it was to see me walking upright and "properly"(with the aid of a walking stick) and it bought a tear to my eyes.
Post op recovery is easy compared to the life I had before the operation. Make sure you have someone nearby to help you when you need it.
Good luck.
Debbie

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat