+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 3 Months Post Op. **  (Read 1728 times)

blitz373

3 Months Post Op. **
« on: April 18, 2009, 09:50:14 PM »
Just Curious ; I am exactly 3 months since hip resurfacing surgery and I would like to know how everyone else is doing at this same time frame ..   the pain level, and your range of motion and limitations, and what you can and can't do ? Please let me also know how you feel and if you are happy with your out come..  I seem to be doing good but it is always good to compare to others so you get a better idea.. so I would appreciate everyone's input as to where you were at the 3 month point... thank you and I look forward to your response .....

stevel

Re: 3 Months Post Op. **
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 10:13:15 PM »
See Reply #58 for my 3 month post under Hip Resurfacing Devices, FDA approved device and experienced resurfacing doctor.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 10:14:40 PM by stevel »
Steve
LBHR 60mm/54mm Dr Su 9/29/08 age 55
RBHR 60mm/54mm Dr Su 11/1/19 age 66
Age 70

hawaiieric

• Happy kiter here...
Re: 3 Months Post Op. **
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 06:14:22 AM »
I am happy to write that at 3 months I felt so ready to take on the world...and I did.  I did everything to stop me or slow me down, I watched the surgery video time again, looked at links and websites to stop me from going hard core on my hip.  I excersized in a way that made most sence to me, and what I wanted to do, and the sports I enjoy, so at the 3 month point I simply let my judgement take over and went for it slowly(yeah right) and went back to kitesurfing.  I prepared before seriously by flying a smaller kite on the beach, but the water called, and I could not stop my will to "just do it!"  I am very glad I did, its been an epic season of wind, and my hip survived and is looking and feeling so good, just like normal at 5 months.  I kite every day that its windy as long as I have an hour or two(so 4-5 days a week in the windy wind) and I charge hard as in test the hip now, I don't even baby it.  I don't think or feel that I will have negative effects from going a weeks or months earlier then others..I knew I was ready.  My doctor last week at 5 month check up said I should be the poster person for the resurface and was very excited to see all my progress. 

One happy hipster here,
Eric

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM