+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Lower Back Pain 7 months post op  (Read 1730 times)

howwood4

Lower Back Pain 7 months post op
« on: April 23, 2009, 05:42:53 PM »
I had surgery 7 months ago and have had a nagging pain in my lower back since.  It is at it's worst when I walk any distance or stand for any length of time. Initially I put it down to simple mechanics having probably been pulled an pushed around during surgery but 7 months on and it's no better...in fact I would go so far as to say it seems to be gettingf worse.  Has anyone experienced this? And how long 'til it rights itself?

Tekka

Re: Lower Back Pain 7 months post op
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 05:59:38 PM »
Hi Howwood

I was having the reverse, my lower back was giving me lots of problems prior to surgery but since surgery it has been pretty good, did you have a spinal/epidural for your pain relief...some people have suggested it has effected their back, but I am not qualified to know. Maybe your body may take a while to right itself, I know that the last 12 months prior to surgery, family and friends said I walked like an old man, thats going to take some time to get sorted mate, but if your concerned, best get it checked.

Good luck

Terry
LBHR 23/01/2009 Mr Mcminn

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Lower Back Pain 7 months post op
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 08:43:14 AM »
Hi

Many people have back problems before and after surgery.  When you hip is bad, it tends to throw the rest of your body out of balance. Then during your recovery your good hip is working hard to make up for the operated hip. 

Many of us use the chiropractor. You might want to consider that.  Perhaps your back and hips are out of place and need an adjustment.  Perhaps your have developed muscle problems which a PT might be able to help you with.  You might want to talk with your family doctor and surgeon about your problem and see what they suggest.  We can only tell you what we have experinced, but none of us are medically trained.

Remember, you are still healing and your body has to get itself back into balance after all these problems.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat