+-

Advertisements

Welcome Back

The Hip Talk Discussion Forum was hacked a few weeks back. It has taken me a long time to fix it. The only backup I could use was way back to April 2020. All members and posts up to that date are available. Anything newer has been lost. I am sorry, but that has been the only way to get things up and running again.

Author Topic: Hip & Shoulder Dysplasia.. Anyone have this??  (Read 1368 times)

oxley

Hip & Shoulder Dysplasia.. Anyone have this??
« on: May 23, 2009, 05:17:43 AM »
I am curious if anyone who has dysplasia of the hips also have this condition with their shoulders. I was born with this condition and I am now 40 yrs of age. I am in Canada and Dr Werle is recommending Birmingham for my hips. I am wondering what will happen with my shoulders? I have not found anyone who has this same condition. Any doctors out there who would be interested in this??

karenj_m

Re: Hip & Shoulder Dysplasia.. Anyone have this??
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 12:42:02 PM »
Hi....

It sounds like a genetic "joint" condition.

I saw something on shoulder resurfacing here:
http://www.hipresurfacingcenter.com/sholder.htm

Your shoulders may not have any problems down the line...its hard to tell. You would have to send off an email to some of the resurfacing docs to see what they think.
Karen
RH Biomet 56/50 uncemented / Dr. Gross (SC) 04/02/08

oxley

Re: Hip & Shoulder Dysplasia.. Anyone have this??
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 02:53:45 AM »
Thanks for that web site! Yes I was born with this condition. Both shoulders and both hips. I am having Birminham on left hip soon. It is frustrating because I can hardly walk and I can't hardly pick up a coffee pot because of my shoulder. I was curious to know if resurfacing could be done on shoulders and it appears that it does exist. The question now is, "is this avail in Canada"? I'll keep researching...

Recent Posts

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Accordion Player Pat Webmaster/Owner

Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy

Statcounter

View My Stats