+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Dr. Boettner  (Read 5018 times)

HSWrestlingCoach

Dr. Boettner
« on: June 05, 2009, 07:36:13 AM »
I am 34 y/o and scheduled for a hip resurface tomorrow morning with Dr. Boettner and would like to know what patients who have used Dr. Boettner think?
boettner rbhr june 6, 2009

HSWrestlingCoach

Re: Dr. Boettner
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 07:32:53 AM »
4 days post-op and feeling great! Dr. Boettner and staff were absolutely wonderful. Hospital of Special Surgery of NYC were also great. I'm feeling sore but feeling great.

Coach
34 NJ

West106

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 03:34:48 PM »
Hi - I also had my hip resurfaced by Dr. Boettner on June 6th, and I agree that he and his team are fantastic.  Dr. Boettner gave me such a high level of confidence, that I was not even nervous prior to surgery.  I am also happy to report that my recovery is going great.  I was surprised by how quick I was able to get up and move with crutches.   That being said, I am still taking everything very slowly.  I spend most of the day on the bed in the guestroom (I switch from the master during the day for a change of scenery) looking at the computer and moving my feet to prevent a blood clot.  Please keep me updated on your progress especially since we got operated on the same day by the same doctor.  All the best to you and your recovery.

HSWrestlingCoach

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 05:52:40 PM »
Hello West-106-Wow, same day and doctor. It's great to hear you are doing well also. Trying to take it easy but having a 6 y/o and 2 y/o girls at your side putting ribbons in your hair makes it sometimes difficult but there"s no place like home. Switcing from the recliner to a hip chair during the day is my extent of action for the past few days. PT was here today and said everything looks great. Flexibility not mobility was stressed once again. I'm having very little pain so just on tylenol, swelling is pretty bad but expected. Some minor muscle pain when doing the pt. But overall, I feel terrific and can't wait to get these 4-6 weeks done... I don't know how many more movies I can watch. I was thrilled with Dr. Boetnerr!

West106

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 06:10:56 PM »
Awesome news, hard to believe surgery was just 5 days ago.  Again much thanks to Dr. Boettner.  Good luck being the lifesize doll for your girls.

HSWrestlingCoach

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 04:03:38 PM »
I had a new physical therapist come today and WOW what a difference. The first therapist came and went through the regular exercises and basically said he wouldn't have to come back and I was doing great. I called a former wrestler of mine who worked me today. Basically, he gave me a GREAT stretch and a few more exercises for my lower back. I had told him my hip felt great but my back felt tight. He put me on my stomach and gave me different stretches from my stomach. I am so happy I called him instead of listening to the first guy. My range of motion is still not great but by him doing these stretches I hope to improve.

West106

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 05:47:47 PM »
Fantastic news.  I was looking this morning about approved PT locations; because I think I am ready to advance from the home exercises.  My ROM is improving each day; but I am far from being able to pick up my foot into the back of my thigh.  Continued luck with the recovery.

HSWrestlingCoach

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 05:45:22 PM »
Each day the muscle pain (quad, groin, & glutes) becomes less. I agree, I am no where near getting my knee and foot to my chest from my back. The PT insist that will come. Sleeping is getting better each night, last night was the firstnight I slept through the night without moving to get comfortable.  I am going crazy just sitting around. Good luck to you also in your recovery and get to that PT, it makes a great difference.

HSWrestlingCoach

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 06:30:54 PM »
Hey West 106, are you using crutches or a cane? Did Dr. Boettner want us on a cane until our followup? I see on this site many surgeons had their patients walking a 1/2 mile 2-3 weeks post-op. I thought Dr. Boettner didn't want us walking at all. How are you feeling?

West106

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 07:35:50 PM »
Hello There Coach - I graduated to one crutch; which I think I will use until I am ready to walk without assistance.  My leg is feeling stronger everyday, and I feel like I will be able to walk without assistance soon.  Within the past five days I have begun walking anywhere from .5 - 1.0 mile throughout the day.  I go out a few times throughout the day and walk a few blocks.  Getting in and out of car takes me a few minutes; but again I get better with each outing.  The booklet that I came home from the hospital said to use two crutches for 2-3 weeks, and then progress to one crutch or cane.  What does PT tell you?  I have been gauging my walking on what my body is telling me.  Dr. Boettner did tell me not to walk too much, and focus on the ROM exercises; so I do the exercises a few times throughout the day and walk some.  I am now waiting for the prescrition for out of home PT.  Maybe send Dr. Boettner an e-mail with the question to make 100% sure, and please let me know the answer; so I make sure I am also on the right path.  The one good thing, the weather has been so awful it has been a great couple of weeks to be stuck inside.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear