+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: coumadin  (Read 1654 times)

Vt waddler

coumadin
« on: June 11, 2009, 05:35:40 PM »
Hello hippys et al,

Had a presurgery class today, was told I would probably be on coumadin for 4 weeks, and at some point 2 asprin/day. Also was told I would receive 2 blood tests per week for the 4 weeks here at the house after discharge , apparently for coumadin dose adjusting. Does this sound about right? Hoping to go inpatient rehab for a little bit.
Also found out I will be having the posterior surgery approach.
Counting down the days now, D-day is July 22..
Hope all is well,
Vt waddler

Vt waddler

Re: coumadin
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 05:44:29 PM »
PS: I noticed in my doc's bio, he did a fellowship at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC
and also, I think I read here on the site that Dr. Su preferred the posterior approach...any opinions out there?
Anyone familiar with my doc?
http://www.dhmc.org/ortho/The_Orthopaedic_Teams/Providers/dhmc_provider_19005.html

phillipl

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 08:25:18 PM »
D-Day for me is the 22nd June. I also will be on 'blood thinners' for 6 weeks then back on to asprin. I had a DVT 10 yrs ago and was on anti-coagulants for several yrs. You will have several blood tests per week to monitor the dose requirements. However they usually stabilize quite quickly.

Hope that helps.

Good luck

Phil
Rt BMHR 22/06/09 Dr Hugh English, Brisbane, Australia
Rt COC THR revision 09/09/09 Dr Hugh English, Brisbane, Australia

Vt waddler

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 06:43:19 PM »
Thanks Phil, and best of luck to you as well..Gosh, seems like I have so much to do just to get ready, get my ducks in a row so to speak(g)..I heat with wood so have to get it done prior to 7/22, burn about 6 cord a year. Not use to winter prep coming so early!!

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat