+-

Author Topic: Surgery Tomorrow with Dr. Scott Ball ( La Jolla , Ca. ) on Friday July, 31st  (Read 1036 times)

BUK10

Hi everyone,

Yes tomorrow is the big day for bilateral hip resurfacing surgery with Dr. Scott Ball @ The U.C.S.D. Medical Center (Thornton) Hospital. I was diagnosed with hip arthritis at the age of 14 and was told that I would not ever be able to play contact sports for the rest of my life meaning Football, Basketball, Baseball etc.. Even though I did continue to play those sports until I was 15. I cried for days from that news. My arthritis got progressively worse through high school. I always walked funny to other people and had some jokes made by close friends but nothing to complain about. I always acclimated above average socially and athletically. It did end my sports career but I still was able to surf a lot, play tennis and some half court hoops until about 2 years ago. Its funny, I began to manage the pain as my arthritic hips kind of stopped getting worse. Believe me they were and are bad but it kind of went to a full eclipse of how bad it was going to get. Recently they started progressively causing me more pain and my quality of life started declining Ex. going to the grocery store - or the mall with the wife, or just getting in and out of the car started get frustrating.

I was in Hawaii for vacation last May and was walking through the hotel lobby and a gentleman named Vince ( fellow hippie ) noticed my "limp" and He asked If I had hip arthritis. I explained my condition and he told me that 10 months ago that he had Hip Resurfacing surgery with Dr. Su in New York and that he loves his new hips. I am very lucky to have ran into Vince as he educated me and guided me to all of the resources and confidence it took to get me to this point. THANK YOU VINCE! After researching all my avenues and speaking with Dr. Amstutz, Dr. Su, Dr. Gross and Dr. Ball I decided with Dr. Ball. He is 10 minutes from my home, he takes my Blue Cross Insurance and trained under Dr Amstutz who I have been seeing since I was 18. I feel very confident that I am in the right place with Dr. Ball and the UCSD hospital.

I am now 39 and my wife is 27 weeks pregnant and I am very ready to have surgery and to get back to surfing, golfing and being a healthy father without pain.

Updates soon,
Andre
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 07:13:17 PM by BUK10 »

kwarendorf

• LBHR 2/13/2009
    • Kyle's Kitchen
Good Luck. Sounds like you're in good hands!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 07:56:37 PM by kwarendorf »

wayne-0

Hey Andre,
It was nice to talk to you today about your surgery tomorrow. You are in good hands with Dr. Ball, I have first hand experience being a bilateral Dr. Ball surface hippie myself. I hope your surgery and recovery go smoothly and we will see you on the other side OTOS.

Wayne
11-7-08  Bilat/Dr.Ball/ASR

Recent Posts

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Accordion Player Pat Webmaster/Owner

Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy

Statcounter

View My Stats