+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Will I be Able to Return to Normal Sex  (Read 8498 times)

monroes57

Will I be Able to Return to Normal Sex
« on: September 05, 2009, 11:11:47 PM »
Hi Pat  :)
I haven't had the opp yet and I don't know anyone pre or post opp who can give me advise or information so I am hoping that you can do that for me as I can see that you have been through it all ready. Where do I start, first can I explain to you where I am at now and have been for some time I have not been able to open my legs especially my right hip so as you can see sex has been out of the question especially the old traditional way for which i am looking forward to do so what i am asking is will I be able to wrap my legs around my favourite man hope I am not being too forward here but this is the only way I can put the question that i need to know as this is a quality of life that I have missed for along time and I am so looking forward to obtaining the right results. Also I am looking at getting a stepper so i was wondering will this help me at home and what other excercises have you done to get you back to normal. Also what can and can't you do since the opp.Sorry to ask so many questions but I need to know so that I too can look forward to a healthy normal quality of life.

Regards Elisabeth  :)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 11:54:07 PM by Pat Walter »

obxpelican

Will I be Able to Return to Normal Sex
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 11:49:22 PM »
Elisabeth,

Pat is away at a special hip resurfacing conference in Baltimore, but let me give you my take from what I've read.

Many women, or should I say most all women return to a healthy lifestyle and their range of motion is sometimes better on their operated hip than on their good hip.

Many women even go back to serious yoga post-op say 6 months to a year.... you have to be careful about dislocations early on though.

So in answer to your question my bet is that you'll return to a happy sex life once you've recovered.

Make sure you find a surgeon who is very experienced, that is most IMPORTANT, I cannot stress that enough.

BTW-- I was operated on August 6th last year, this summer I've been to several amusment parks, went white water rafting and even water skied off of our boat on the rivers here in Pgh, pre-op I could not tie my shoes or put on my own socks, now I am fine and living a good life now.

Good luck,

Chuck
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Will I be Able to Return to Normal Sex
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 12:03:07 AM »
Hi Elisabeth

Most people that had hip resurfacing, male and female, are normally able to do everything they use to do before hip problems.  With a hip resurfacing, there are not limitations after healing.  Surgeons usually suggest being conservative and not hang from the ceiling in the begining, but after  you have healed you can do everything.  If you were able to have normal sex before your hip problems, you definitely should be able to do so after.  If you have had problems for a long time, it might take some PT and work to get your muscles back into shape and working properly.

I swing my leg over my bike seat and live my life just like I did before my hip problems.  Women ride horses and do all kinds of things, so I see no problem with wrapping your legs around a man - especially if he is cute!

These are questions you should also ask your surgeon.  It is always good to get the information right from your doctor.  Each doctor has different protocols for post op activities.  He/she will tell you how long to wait and what you can and can't do.

Chuck gives you good advice in suggesting you use an experienced surgeon.  Surgeons and less likely to do women as men, so you need to get to the really experienced surgeons that determine your needs by looking at your bone stock and activity - not your age and sex.

Good Luck.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

socalhippy

Re: Will I be Able to Return to Normal Sex
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 07:19:00 PM »
Hi

I am a 38 year hold female and I was able to be a wife to my husband only a week after surgery (limited).   I was able to be back in full operation about 3 weeks post op.    My surgery was on July 27th and I feel fantastic.   I walked with my husband and my dog today on our local beach trail and went 2 1/2 miles.

I hope this helps

Good Luck!!
Kelly
LH/Schmalzried
7/27/09

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz