+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Anyone with experiences Dr. Sean Rocket?  (Read 5523 times)

hipnubos

Anyone with experiences Dr. Sean Rocket?
« on: October 12, 2009, 02:55:39 PM »
Hello,

I am a 53 year old male (Boston area) and considering surgery with Dr. Rockett at Newton Wellesley Hospital.

Does anyone have an experience they can share or know how much experience Dr. Rockett has in performing this procedure?

Randij

Re: Anyone with experiences Dr. Sean Rocket?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 10:49:48 AM »
Hi! Have you seen Dr. Rockett yet? I live in the Washington Metro area and  Dr. Mont in Baltimore, Md. performed my resurfacing. He has 10 years of experience with resurfacings. He's performed over 2,000. Have you seen any other Orthopedics? Who suggested a hip resurfacing? You definitely want someone who has performed this surgery to have alot of experience! 
Randi

dw

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 03:11:43 PM »
Is Dr Rocket associated with Newton-Wellesley Orthopidic Associates? I don't see him listed with them. NWOA seems to be the premier group for resurfacings in the Boston area. You might want to check them out. Which reminds me, I need to make my one year follow up appointment!

hipnubos

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 11:27:22 AM »
Thanks,

I have decided to visit with NWOA as Dr. Snyder seems to have the most experience with this procedure

Both work out of the same hospital but are in differant groups

dw

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 01:16:10 PM »
Either Hanmer or Snyder would be able to help you out IMO. I know they've done some "tough" cases.  The thing to do is read the FAQ, develop your own, and bring them in with you. I found them to be very open about the whole procedure, complication potential, and when they will and won't do the procedure.

siamac

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 09:59:23 AM »
In Boston, I would only use Dr Snyder at Newton Wellesley. For my own a couple of years ago, I went to Dr Mont in Baltimore, and that would still be my own first choice.

Rolls

• RBHR 1/31/2007 Snyder, LBHR 10/25/2011 Marchand
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 01:03:37 PM »
I had my BHR done by Dr Snyder at NWH back in 2003.  Doing quite well now, but it took me a long time to just get over the fact that i will have to live my life doing less physical things.  As the surgery was not as successful as I had hoped it to be, due to the procedure Dr Snyder performed.
RBHR 2007 Snyder NWH,Boston not considered a success.  Still pain 5 yrs post surgery.  Snyder did Ganz procedure. LBHR 2011 Marchand SCH,RI is doing excellent, Marchand did it like it is supposed to be done.

resurface

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 01:11:46 PM »
Hi

I had my procedure with Dr. Snyder on May 6th this year.  I did post some information under patient stories "Hip Resurfacing on May 6th."   I would definitely recommend Dr. Snyder.  I understand that he does the majoirty of resurfacings in that practice.  I am also a fan of NW Hospital.  In home rehab was great and now I use ProSPorts in Walthan for rehab. 

Good luck...

Rolls

• RBHR 1/31/2007 Snyder, LBHR 10/25/2011 Marchand
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 01:14:34 PM »
Sorry, time is going slower than I thought...I had my surgery with Dr Snyder in 2007, not 2003.  He broke my trocanter in his procedure, to spare my muscle mass.  In the end, it was a longer recovery with not the best of results.  I cannot do the physical things I had hoped to do due to its limitations.
RBHR 2007 Snyder NWH,Boston not considered a success.  Still pain 5 yrs post surgery.  Snyder did Ganz procedure. LBHR 2011 Marchand SCH,RI is doing excellent, Marchand did it like it is supposed to be done.

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 03:41:03 PM »
If you are considering a hip resurfacing surgeon, consider those that have done a 1000 or more.  Several thousand hip resurfacings are even better.  It is a diffiuclt surgery and you want the best outcome.  Based on national registries, information for hip resurfacing courses and thousands of patient stories that I have read - use onlythe top surgeons.  You can look at me list to see those that have done a thousand or more.  Why take a chance of being a statistic.  The retention rate of the BHR is now 96%   Why chance being the one out of four that had problems or revisions.  Go to the top surgeons and you will most likely have the best outcomes. 

If you are not about a surgeon, do a search about them on the Yahoo surfacehippy discussion group also.  There have been many discssions there about surgeons that have done quite a few, but still have problems.  I don't keep a record of those or a list, but taking time to check them out could help you out.  Otherwise, choose only the most expeirnced surgeons.  http://www.surfacehippy.info/listofdoctors.php

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat