+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Surgery Yesterday - no longer a Newbie  (Read 1705 times)

mmckeone

• Cold water tough on a bad hip but worth it.
Surgery Yesterday - no longer a Newbie
« on: November 26, 2009, 05:13:03 PM »
I just had  BHR hip resurfacing surgery yesterday 11/25 at 7:15 am.  Was a little anxious going in but the surgery went very well and I was up with a walker yesterdy evening.  The Surgery was performed by Dr. James Rector of Boulder Orthopedics.  The staff has been great and the Game Ready ice and pressure machine is really great.  They seem to have the whole process down to a pretty exact process.   The surgery took 2 hours and was in my room at 11:30.  Glad that's over but alread glad I had it done. Toughest thing so far is getting in and out of bed but I am getting better at that.  Don't have much pain at all and the Ultram and Toradal seem to be doingn the trick so far.  The test will come tomorrow when I have to endure the 5 hour drive home.  Guess I'm no longer a newbie. 
November 25 BHR with Dr. Rector in Boulder very successful.

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Surgery Yesterday - no longer a Newbie
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 07:16:40 PM »
Congratulations on the new hip.  Glad it is going well for you.  I hope your recovery continues to go by quickly and without much pain.

Keep in touch when you can.

Good Luck.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

CeeJay15

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 11:19:43 PM »
Congratulations!!

I am 4 months post op after surgery with Dr. Rector. The gameready device is awesome! Make sure you use it. I had NO swelling at all after using it religiously. Your ride home won't be as bad as you think. I had a 4 1/2 hour ride back to Western Colorado after my surgery and it was cake.
Good luck and let us know how you progress!
cj
Carolyn
Right BHR Dr. Rector July 15, 2009

mmckeone

• Cold water tough on a bad hip but worth it.
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 01:02:57 PM »
CeeJay:

Trip home was a breeze.  I am already back to work partial days.  Was able to make it around the block yesterday with crutches.  I will be 50 percent weight bearing for 3 weeks because of my size, 6'5" 270 lb.  They had to use the biggest BHR device made but Stacey at Dr. Rectors office said surgery went very well.  You were right on the money about Dr. Rector and Staff.  Very good and the game ready machine is great also.

I have started PT this morning and everything is pretty good except straight leg lifts.  It's like i never had any muscle in the front of that leg.  I guess it all takes time I am after all only 6 days post surgery.

Thanks for all of your insight. Hope your recovery and your new hip has been better than advertised.

mmckeone
November 25 BHR with Dr. Rector in Boulder very successful.

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 01:25:03 PM »
Hi mmckeone

Stright up leg lifts off the bed or floor and abduction out to the side are the most diffiuclt.  Almost impossible in the begining.  You will gain back your muscle use and control in a few weeks.  It just takes time.  It will come.

Take it easy.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat