+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Bikram Yoga  (Read 1662 times)

roosevelt heights

Bikram Yoga
« on: December 10, 2009, 02:00:41 PM »
Can anyone tell me how long it took them to resume a regular practice...

Sue C

Re: Bikram Yoga
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 08:11:03 AM »
I started back doing bikram yoga within 2 months.  I started slowly, and was very careful with the postures, modifying alot of them,  but then as I gained strength and flexibility I started being able to get into them better and better.  I did bikram yoga about twice a week up until the surgery, so I was anxious to get back into it.

I am still going about twice a week, still modifying certain postures (standing head to knee can only hold my knee, have problems with the floor version as well), and use blocks when necessary.  Recently I have backed off a bit because I have been having alot of pain and lack of flexibility in my hip area- I think due to a build up of scar tissue.  However, the yoga is great for improving overall flexibility, even if you have to modify the postures significantly.   Hopefully you have a studio to practice where they are not really pompous about people not doing "straight bikram" and modifying and using blocks where they need to.

roosevelt heights

Re: Bikram Yoga
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 01:26:35 PM »
Thanks Sue,
I am now approximately 3 weeks post op on my R hip, L hip to be completed April 5. Goal to return to the studio late June with modifications. Yes, my studio permits modifications...what poses are blocks used for?

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat