+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Now Bilateral  (Read 3409 times)

AKinOR

Now Bilateral
« on: December 22, 2009, 02:58:17 PM »
Hi,

Just got out of the OR recovery room a few minutes ago from my second BHR with Dr. Pritchett in Seattle, exactly one year to the day from my LBHR. The first one has worked great so far and I have been able to ski, surf and play basketball at a high level. I am looking forward to many more activities with the new hip. I am 34 years old and my surgeon believes there is no reason to think that these won't last many years, if not my entire life. I was also able to get his perspective on metallosis, neck capsule preservation and cup angle.....very interesting.

Just wanted to say thanks to Pat and eveyone on this site for the constant affirmation of this procedure. It was central to my decision making process. Hope to have some pics up soon on some backcountry skiing and aerials that I was able to return to after my first BHR.

Thanks again to the surface hippy community!

mtnhippy

Re: Now Bilateral
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 06:17:43 PM »
Congratulations!  I did the same thing, had my RBHR on the year anniversary of my LBHR.  That was eleven weeks ago.  I started indoor rock climbing at 8 weeks and snowshoeing last weekend (six miles in Utah's finest powder).  Good luck!

I was able to return real outdoor rock climbing several times a week after my LBHR so fully expect to be hanging off ropes this Spring!

Keep us updated!  Best wishes!
LBHR - October 7, 2008 by Dr. Joshua Hickman
RBHR - October 6, 2009 by Dr. Joshua Hickman

bothdone

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 05:38:41 AM »
Congrats to both of you.  I hope things continue to go well for you.

Ed
Another bilateral (though with nearly 4 years between ops)
LBHR 25 May 2004
RBHR 19 March 2008

roosevelt heights

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 01:44:47 PM »
AKin-

Dr. Pritchett is scheduled to start phase 1 of my bilateral 2/8. Part 2 is scheduled for 4/5...Cannot Wait ! Any pointers ?

AKinOR

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 11:18:49 PM »
Roosevelt,

Things should go smoothly for you. After surgery just make sure to relax, ice your hip, do your exercises and stay ahead of the pain by using your meds. Dr. Pritchett is a great doctor and a nice guy, but you need to have questions prepared for him or your conversations with him will be short. The Swedish Medical Center is top notch too, don't hesitate to take advantage of all the services they offer. Keep us up to date and hit us up with questions.

duck4three

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 03:15:42 AM »
Hello,

How are you doing with your recovery?  I am scheduled to see Dr. Pritchett in a few days for my first BHR and I am looking forward to feeling better.  I played college and professional basketball, my deterioration bagan nearly eight years ago.  I recently got to the point that the pain was so frustrating that I haven't played for months.  I am ready, but enjoyed your post and I am interested in how you are doing, hopefully great!

Thanks!

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat