+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 6 Week Post Op  (Read 1863 times)

PHBookman

6 Week Post Op
« on: December 30, 2009, 07:16:58 PM »
I had my 6 week exam today and am happy to report everything is going well. I was frustrated by my doctors insisting on 6 weeks of crutches and no driving but stuck to it reluctantly. The only excercise I was allowed was walking. I walked a mile and half each day. I was told today that I could go to a cane and use it only until I can walk without limping and that all other restrictions were lifted. No drugs, no worries about bending down, crossing legs and good-bye toilit seat! The only thing he does not want me to do is impact sports for 9 months. I asked about golf and he said I should be good to go in 6 weeks. My progress is good enough we are skipping the 3 month check-up and I will see him in May. I know that everyone does not progress the same way, but I have been fortunate to feel better every day and was thrilled to get back to the gym today. I still have a little muscle stiffness but I continue to push it everyday and see results. Thanks to everyone on this site for your support and your postings. It means a great deal to those of us going through this and thinking about it.

obxpelican

Re: 6 Week Post Op
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 09:30:21 PM »
Great news..... keep up the great rehabbing, you'll be ready for the links come spring.

Chuck
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

crofty

Re: 6 Week Post Op
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 01:24:17 PM »
6 weeks post op here aswell now, i was really pleased how things were going until 4 weeks but then everything seemed to slow down. Muscle stiffness didn't ease and groin discomfort didn't improve.
But the last two days have cheered me up and i'm beginning to feel almost back to normal.I have started to sleep without a pillow between my legs, i'm driving again and managing to walk without limping. I won't get carried away though, after reading other peoples reports, there is still a long way to go. First check up with my surgeon next week.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat