+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: JUST LEFT ER - THERE 8 HOURS  (Read 3014 times)

daddys_hip

JUST LEFT ER - THERE 8 HOURS
« on: January 07, 2010, 12:12:25 AM »
Ok the pain I was having got so severe today I ended up by ambulance in the ER for 8 hours,, I felt pretty good when I got up then took a very hot shower,, I had put my socks and jeans on and went to brush my teeth and turned to walk away from sink and it was like the neck had broked,, I could NOT walk on it, The pain was worse than surgery,, I made it to my crutches I have not used for 3-4 weeks now..  It was so bad in 30 mins I had to call 911, A friend wanted to take me but I told him if its broke it could make me bleed.. The pain was unreal,, I mean it was uneal., I knew it was broke,,

well they took x-rays and I had my CD of x-rays with me ( they had never seen a resurface ) and told me they saw no change from the cd than the xrays today ,, I said you need to talk to Dr Monts office to see what they think and whats going on and let them see the xrays,, Dr Monts office called the Hosptial here and said they think liagment and rolled over across the componet or muscle,, I am telling you I have been walking wonderful,, As I lay across the bed tonight it takes every ounce of engery to lift my leg off the bed and walk with crutches even to get a drink or water .. I have been home about 2 hours and this is unreal.. I have never felt pain like this, Dr Mont office says they want to see me as soon as I can fly up to find out exactly what may be going on,, GREAT,, 800 mile plane trip and I cant walk to the kitchen,,

Does anyone know what in the world could have caused this,, I have done everything they have told me,, I think PT pushed me too hard but I have done everything right, I am so thankful its not broke,, Jean with Mont told me they have only had 2 to fracture and it was due to a specfic event,,

Does this get better,, will I need surgery ,, what is going on and I was 9 weeks out today ? and yes I said all the way in the ambulance,, I should have never done this,, hehe I did,, gosh I hate to know I have to get up in a few to go to the bathroom to get ready for bed,,

PLEASE guys ,, some insight,, I iced it last night Chuck and I took ibu like they said I could,, and this happens today .. only good thing I said today , Thank God you did not let them do them both in the same week,, I need some help here people,, I am thankful but gosh I am confused,, I can see why my doctor never wanted me to do it,, he wanted me total hip it and it would be there for 30years now he claims,, I had to try something new,, I just had to ,, its me,, I was his first core Pt 22 years ago,,

Steve
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 02:07:48 AM by daddys_hip »
Dr. Mont Nov 4th 2009 Stryker Cormet,, R. Hip
Dr. Mont Jan 11th 2010 Stryker Accolate Revision R. Hip

bothdone

Re: JUST LEFT ER - THERE 8 HOURS
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 04:40:02 AM »
Steve

I can't give you any insight into what is happening with your hip.    It must be absolutely dreadful for you.   

All I can do is offer my very best wishes that you get a full and quick recovery from whatever is happening.

Ed
LBHR 25 May 2004
RBHR 19 March 2008

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 07:36:08 AM »
Hi Steve

I am really sorry to hear about your problems.  The real problem is that none of us are surgeons - we have no way of knowing what is wrong.  Something so serious to end up in the ER is not anything you want other patients to try to guess at.

You need an experinced hip resurfacing surgeon to look at your hip.  Maybe the x-rays they have done don't show the whole story.  I really don't know.  If I remember, you are very close to Dr. Gross.  I would make an appointment with him and get some more input.  Hopefully, he might see you very quickly. YOu need help now and if you can't fly, use someone close to you.  Dr. Gross is one of the best in the world. 

You can also send a copy of your x-rays to Dr. De Smet of Belgium and DR. Bose of India to get a free evaluation.  Just put the x-rays into a .jpg format.  Dr. De Smet is one of the best in the world and will write back within a day or so normally.  

It really sounds like something is not right and only an experinced hip resurfacing surgeon can help you.  Have you asked Monts office for some strong pain meds?

Pat
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 07:39:22 AM by Pat Walter »
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

obxpelican

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 09:35:08 AM »
Steve,

I concur with Pat, I would get your x-rays to someone very experienced in hip resurfacing.

Don't feel bad about choosing an HR, things do go wrong with Total Hip surgeries too, my Pastor had to have a re-do on his THR years back when his femur fractured (that's REALLY BAD).

I wonder if the ER docs possibly missed a acetabular cup that may have shifted, it's easy to note the position of the femoral component, but the cup sometimes can shift and not be seen as easily by an ER doc.

If there is no change whatsoever you may have muscle or ligament out of position..... I doubt bursitis could cause that much pain.

Steve, did they send the x-rays to Mont?

Chuck

Ok the pain I was having got so severe today I ended up by ambulance in the ER for 8 hours,, I felt pretty good when I got up then took a very hot shower,, I had put my socks and jeans on and went to brush my teeth and turned to walk away from sink and it was like the neck had broked,, I could NOT walk on it, The pain was worse than surgery,, I made it to my crutches I have not used for 3-4 weeks now..  It was so bad in 30 mins I had to call 911, A friend wanted to take me but I told him if its broke it could make me bleed.. The pain was unreal,, I mean it was uneal., I knew it was broke,,

well they took x-rays and I had my CD of x-rays with me ( they had never seen a resurface ) and told me they saw no change from the cd than the xrays today ,, I said you need to talk to Dr Monts office to see what they think and whats going on and let them see the xrays,, Dr Monts office called the Hosptial here and said they think liagment and rolled over across the componet or muscle,, I am telling you I have been walking wonderful,, As I lay across the bed tonight it takes every ounce of engery to lift my leg off the bed and walk with crutches even to get a drink or water .. I have been home about 2 hours and this is unreal.. I have never felt pain like this, Dr Mont office says they want to see me as soon as I can fly up to find out exactly what may be going on,, GREAT,, 800 mile plane trip and I cant walk to the kitchen,,

Does anyone know what in the world could have caused this,, I have done everything they have told me,, I think PT pushed me too hard but I have done everything right, I am so thankful its not broke,, Jean with Mont told me they have only had 2 to fracture and it was due to a specfic event,,

Does this get better,, will I need surgery ,, what is going on and I was 9 weeks out today ? and yes I said all the way in the ambulance,, I should have never done this,, hehe I did,, gosh I hate to know I have to get up in a few to go to the bathroom to get ready for bed,,

PLEASE guys ,, some insight,, I iced it last night Chuck and I took ibu like they said I could,, and this happens today .. only good thing I said today , Thank God you did not let them do them both in the same week,, I need some help here people,, I am thankful but gosh I am confused,, I can see why my doctor never wanted me to do it,, he wanted me total hip it and it would be there for 30years now he claims,, I had to try something new,, I just had to ,, its me,, I was his first core Pt 22 years ago,,

Steve
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

daddys_hip

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 11:01:29 AM »
I just wrote Jill at Monts Office to make sure they have them Chuck, I have to have something stronger for pain today. I am all but non functional. Cant even go to lunch. I am pretty much flat on my back in bed, The pain is a level better today .. I can get my leg off the bed without feeling like I will pass out from the pain.. I had already thought of Dr Gross,, he is only 65 miles from me,, Girl here in Greenwood had HR with Gross and she went through the same thing, it was a ligament problem,, I hope mine is ok ( the componets ) and the ligament will heal.,, what is bad I did nothng to cause this, that has me confused,,

Dreadful is a wonderful way to put it Pat,, its really dreadful pain..  I was just wondering if anyone had heard of this happening or someone having it,

Steve
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 11:05:18 AM by daddys_hip »

obxpelican

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 11:35:47 AM »
Steve,

My heart goes out to you buddy, and I wish you a speedy recovery.... no matter what this problem at some point will and can be fixed.  I would give Dr. Gross's office a call if he's that close, he's extremely good at figuring out problem issues and he'll tell you straight up what's wrong.  If it were me I would get as many opinions on this that I can.

Keep your chin up, this will work out for you, even if this (and I am not saying it will happen) has to be switched to a THR things will be fine.

Chuck

Chuck
8-6-08

daddys_hip

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 11:46:39 AM »
Yea Chuck I had already made up my mind THR for sure,, then they compared yesterdays to the disk I had and said the see no changes but Mont has not seen it yet,, Hosp here does not have xray email capabilities,, They are calling Mont's offfice now to get number and such to FED EX them today ,, Mont says if no better by sunday they want me in Baltimore by tues or wed,

Level better today but still unreal pain,

thanks for any support ,, on my back and resting,, get up a little but so painful I just try to rest.
Steve

daddys_hip

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 12:07:01 PM »
Swollen today,, on the way to see Dr Gross they are working me in ,, pronounced leg length difference today ..

inform you all when its over ..

thanks for support ,,

Steve

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2010, 12:19:35 PM »
Thanks for the update.

Good Luck.  I hope Dr. Gross is able to help you.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Pat
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

obxpelican

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010, 02:54:32 PM »
Steve,

I am sending positive thoughts and prayers your way, hope all goes well.  You will end up ok, it may take some extra time but you will end up ok.

Chuck
Chuck
8-6-08

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2010, 05:16:07 PM »
Steve,

I am sending positive thoughts and prayers your way, hope all goes well.  You will end up ok, it may take some extra time but you will end up ok.

Chuck

X2     

moe

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2010, 07:19:35 PM »
hang in there......moe
Bi-lateral, BHR, Dr Marchand. 7-13-09

daddys_hip

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2010, 07:37:16 PM »
Mont's office called as we were pulling into Dr Gross parking lot,, Neck fracture right below the femoral componet,, Total hip Monday Jan 11 1:30,, 9 weeks of work flushed out the door,, yes I am sick, but this pain is making me ever sicker,, Said he would admit for pain management but told him I wanted to come home for the week end,,  Takes 10 minutes to peel me out of the car.. Its really dreadful pain,,

I will never take this chance now on the left side this surgery is gut wrenching and too hard to get over,, Don't get me wrong,, I owed it to myself to do this,, and I believe in this procedure with all my heart. It just did not work out for me. Not sure why I did everything they told me to day ,  if it had worked it would have been a miracle,,

Thanks everyone,,

Steve

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2010, 07:42:13 PM »
Steve

I am very sorry to hear about your neck fracture.  I hope you can get thru the weekend and wish you the very best during your surgery Monday.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.  At least you will soon be out of pain.  Please keep in touch when you feel better.

Pat
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Tekka

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2010, 11:37:02 AM »
Steve,

I have been tracking your journey....I'm so sorry for you mate.

I hope surgery goes well on Monday.

Best wishes

Terry
LBHR 23/01/2009 Mr Mcminn

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Yesterday at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM