+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Resurface Neck Fracture total revision Jan 11th 1:30  (Read 6221 times)

daddys_hip

Resurface Neck Fracture total revision Jan 11th 1:30
« on: January 08, 2010, 07:40:30 PM »
I started a new thread so you all could read this and we can help sort out anything that might have went wrong or I did wrong or what happen,, Hard to go from walking almost a mile a day to cant get out of the bed without help..

Mont's office called as we were pulling into Dr Gross parking lot,, Neck fracture right below the femoral componet,, Total hip Monday Jan 11 1:30,, 9 weeks of work flushed out the door,, yes I am sick, but this pain is making me ever sicker,, Said he would admit for pain management but told him I wanted to come home for the week end,,  Takes 10 minutes to peel me out of the car.. Its really dreadful pain,, oh don't get me wrong,, when Mont's Office called I sat outside Gross office and sobbed.. I had to get it out of me ,, I mean I sobbed until I got in the office,, Lee helped me out of the car with the help of my sister. She hugged me and said let it out.

I will never take this chance now on the left side this surgery is gut wrenching and too hard to get over,, Don't get me wrong,, I owed it to myself to do this,, and I believe in this procedure with all my heart. It just did not work out for me. Not sure why I did everything they told me to do ,  if it had worked it would have been a miracle,,

Thanks everyone,,

Steve
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 08:05:31 PM by daddys_hip »
Dr. Mont Nov 4th 2009 Stryker Cormet,, R. Hip
Dr. Mont Jan 11th 2010 Stryker Accolate Revision R. Hip

halfdone

Re: Resurface Neck Fracture total revion Jan 11th 1:30
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 07:46:29 PM »
Good luck Steve. I can't tell you how much respect I have for how you're handling this.  May your future be pain free.

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Resurface Neck Fracture total revision Jan 11th 1:30
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 08:04:10 PM »
Hi Steve

I wrote a response in your other post, but I want to say, again, that I am sorry about the femur neck fracture.  That is something that hardly happens, but obviously it can.  I have no idea why since I am not a doctor.

I do want to wish you the best of luck and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.  When you have time and feel well enough, please keep in touch.  We all care about you and hope you will soon be over this terrible ordeal.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

obxpelican

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 08:12:12 PM »
Wow.... sorry to hear that.  When you wrote today about the length discrepancy I wrote to Pat and told her I thought might be something like that.

I hear you on the feeling that you flushed the time and all but think of this as another turn down the road to recovery, you already know what the surgery is like so you will not get any surprises, THR recovery is a lot like HR recovery.

As Halfdone stated and I must agree you have taken this very well and I too have a great deal of respect for how you've handled this, you are a gentleman in the truest sense.

You will be pain free soon, you will walk well again, you do not have long for that to happen.

Please keep us posted as much as you can on here.  I'm sure Pat would like your story for her problems section if you would care to write about it, Pat takes all stories, the good, the bad and the really ugly ones..... yours being just a little bad  ;-)

God Bless!

Chuck
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 03:54:15 AM »
So sorry that happened to you. Hope this weekend passes quickly for you and your thr on monday goes smoothly. Hang tough, keep us posted and best of luck to you, Bill

bothdone

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 08:56:57 AM »
My thoughts are with you Steve

Ed
LBHR 25 May 2004
RBHR 19 March 2008

wayne-0

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 04:31:14 PM »
Hey Steve,

One thought to hang on to is that I know several people who have gotten THR within the last couple of yrs and they are leading an active lifestyle again. Good luck and keep us all posted to how things are going.

Wayne
11-7-08  Bilat/Dr.Ball/ASR

John P

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2010, 06:58:21 PM »
Steve,

Really sorry to read about your femoral fracture. You are handling it really well . I would just like to pass on some words that might help.

I had a simular problem 16 weeks after my resurfacing. I was absolutely devastated at that time and I had to have a revision to a metal on metal THR. I understand how you are feeling right now. You doctor seems to be reacting well with your immediate revision on monday. This is a difficult time for you Steve but a THR will sort this out for you. I am now one year after my revision and my THR works really well. I know it is hard to think about it now but you will be good and the pain will be gone.

Steve, my thoughts are with you at this time and think positive and please keep in touch. If you have any questions about a revision please dont hesitate to contact me

John P

JeanM

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2010, 08:48:43 PM »
Steve,
That totally sucks.  I'm so sorry that you have to go through this.  I can only imagine the pain and disappointment you must feel. 

I wish you the best of luck with your surgery on Monday.  My thoughts are with you as you make your way through this difficult weekend.

But, as so many have said, this is fixable.  I bet you'll do just great with a THR.

Good Luck!
Jeanie
Uncemented/Biomet/Gross/8-27-08

Barbara

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 10:21:04 AM »
Good luck with your THR on Mon Steve. You will soon be on the road to recovery again. I can empathise with you, I am having a revision next Mon due to a loose cup and it might end up having to be a THR.
Barbara
Barbara
RBHR 10/13/2008. LBHR 12/08/2008. LBHR revision 1/18/2010, LTHR 9/23 2011, RTHR 12/16 2011............
Dr Pritchet, Seattle

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 11:16:36 AM »
Barbara

Good Luck with your upcoming surgery in another week.  Please keep in touch and let us know how things are going for you.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

stevel

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 01:57:56 PM »
Steve,

Best wishes for you surgery tomorrow.  What a bummer!  I understand your frustration, since you had a resurface with one of the most experienced hip resurfacing doctors in the US, didn't do any apparently wrong during your rehabilitation, and still ended up with a femoral neck fracture.  That's not supposed to happen.  Keep us posted as to what Dr. Mont believes caused the femoral neck fracture and what type of THR you get tomorrow.
Steve
LBHR 60mm/54mm Dr Su 9/29/08 age 55
RBHR 60mm/54mm Dr Su 11/1/19 age 66
Age 70

Barbara

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 02:42:41 PM »
Thanks Pat. The plan is to try another resurfacing with possible bone graft as my acetabulum is very shallow. That is preferable to both me and Dr Pritchett than using the dysplasia cup which he will have available just in case. If all else fails it will be THR. I'll let you know how it goes.
Barbara
Barbara
RBHR 10/13/2008. LBHR 12/08/2008. LBHR revision 1/18/2010, LTHR 9/23 2011, RTHR 12/16 2011............
Dr Pritchet, Seattle

halfdone

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2010, 07:32:00 AM »
Thoughts and good wishes are with you today Steve.  Looking forward to seeing you back on the forum in good spirits!

pashley

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2010, 09:45:13 AM »
Good luck with surgery, you'll be fine with a THR, really scarey though !
LBHR 27/10/09 Mr Mcminn

mtnhippy

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2010, 10:25:26 AM »
Oh Steve,
I'm so sorry!  I wanted to sob too when I read your posting.  Best of luck today!  I hope we read about your fantastic recovery in a few weeks!
LBHR - October 7, 2008 by Dr. Joshua Hickman
RBHR - October 6, 2009 by Dr. Joshua Hickman

Big Bill

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2010, 07:08:45 PM »
Dear Barbara And Steve..... I am wishing the best possible outcome to you both! You have proven yourselves to us all ....get back in the game, achieve your goals and get your active lifestyle back again ! You deserve it!  ;)
                                  Big Bill  C.A.S.H.   8)

Barbara

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2010, 11:26:29 AM »
Thanks Big Bill. It took me a while to come to terms with having to have surgery again but now I'm in good spirits and  planning on snow shoeing and skiing next season as I couldn't do it this year. I'm also excited that it will be Spring in a couple of months and hopefully I can start going on some easy hikes.

Good luck Steve. I hope all is going well.

Barbara
Barbara
Dr Pritchet, Seattle

wayne-0

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2010, 11:49:40 AM »
I hope all went well yesterday for you Steve and you can start on the road to recovery.Keep us posted to how your doing. Barbara, i think your surgery is coming up on Monday ? I hope everything goes well for you. I know how much you've been wanting to hit the slopes again and I can't wait for your first post to let us know that you went skiing again. Good luck.

Wayne
11-7-08  Bilat/Dr.Ball/ASR

mtnhippy

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2010, 12:07:41 PM »
Barbara, First of all I can't believe you (or the other bi-laterals) had your surgeries two months apart, I could barely get myself ready to have mine a year apart!  I should have read your posting closer.  Good luck with YOUR upcoming surgery!

I, too, have bone grafts in both sides as my acetabulums are very shallow.  Seems to have worked on my LBHR (15 months) and so far on my RBHR (3 months out).  I'm extra careful to avoid unnecessary impact (i.e. no running, jumping, lead climbing, etc.) right now but think in a year I'll be a little more secure and daring!

Please give us an update.  It's very humbling to think these complications could have happened to me too.  I guess all we can do is make an informed decision and cross our fingers our bodies will cooperate.
LBHR - October 7, 2008 by Dr. Joshua Hickman
RBHR - October 6, 2009 by Dr. Joshua Hickman

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat