+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 3 days post op!  (Read 2357 times)

Jennifer

3 days post op!
« on: January 17, 2010, 10:03:39 PM »
Hi everyone!  I had LBHR with Dr. Sum who is as wonderful as everyone says.  I am post-op day 3, and have had some issues with my recovery.  I was first on hydrocodone tablets, but I was still in too much pain.  They switched me to Percocet, which has improved the pain significantly.  However, as a result of the pain meds, I developed ileus.  I am only allowed ice chips for today, and minimal pain meds.  However, I have gotten to walk a few times, which felt great!  Has anyone else developed ileus?  I was supposed to go home today, now maybe on Tuesday. I must say the care here is excellent, and if you're going to HSS, you're in good hands.

Jennifer

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: 3 days post op!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 10:06:43 PM »
Hi Jennifer

Congratulations on your new hip.  Sorry to hear about your ileus.  I don't know about that.  I am sure you are in good hands and will be feeling better soon.

Please keep in touch when you can and we will all keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

kwarendorf

• LBHR 2/13/2009
    • Kyle's Kitchen
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 01:56:30 PM »
"I must say the care here is excellent, and if you're going to HSS, you're in good hands."

I thought that hallway looked familiar :) I had mine done at HSS just about a year ago :) It is an amazing place. I'm glad your doing well, except for you med realted stuff!

Jennifer

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 11:29:31 AM »
Hi Everyone!
I am now 19 days post op and feeling great!  The ileus took a couple of weeks to resolve, but now I am well.  PT is going very well, and I am looking forward to getting off crutches!
Thank you again Pat for this website, it is such a help when going through recovery!  :)
Jennifer

stephen

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 11:11:59 AM »
I'm a few weeks behind you on timing. I am three weeks out from surgery totally off pain meds after 5 days, went back to the gym at two weeks and am on one crutch and almost ready to shed it.

As most folks I too have issues trying to get those muscles in my leg to wake up and do what they are suppose to do since they went dormant since I lost a lot of range of motion before sugery.

I am in physical therapy and so what I am told almost everyday of the week to get my range of motion back. It is slowly coming back and I am only about 4 inches away from my foot at max stretch. I couldn't even get to my knee the first week. I am looking forward when I can tie my own shoe.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat