+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Pain after sitting and stretching  (Read 3077 times)

keithp

Pain after sitting and stretching
« on: January 21, 2010, 09:14:48 PM »
Hello all
Had successful resurfacing in August and my recovery has been excellent.
Dr. gave me go ahead for no restrictions after 6 weeks.

That being said, I have not pushed myself past the limits. Just light weights, yoga and light cardio.

I had my 4 month follow up X-Ray and implant looks great.

However, I have been experiencing tremendous pain on the outside part of my operated hip when I stand after sitting for awhile. This is especially noticeable after doing yoga and stretching.

It seems to be emanating just behind the implant on the outside. Almost where my IT band runs...up and behind the joint.

Anyone have a similar experience?

Thanks for any feedback

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Pain after sitting and stretching
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 09:27:16 PM »
Hi

Could you be haivng bursitis?  I know some people that had that problem both on their operated side and the unoperated side since it takes on more load after surgery.  Just a thought.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

keithp

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 09:33:20 PM »
Thanks for the quick response Pat. Actually, it could definitely be bursitis. One of the symptoms I read about indicated pain after sitting on a hard floor, which is what I have been doing with my yoga.
I will do more research but thanks again.

dw

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 01:35:06 PM »
Sounds like Pat asked the right question, the spot you describe would be right were bursitus pain is promement I think.

Pamela P

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 02:11:18 PM »
Hi all!.. :-\
I'm about 10 weeks recovery (Nov. 2009), Left BHR.  I'm back at work, still in PT, getting more range of motion (bike, walking step, balancing, etc.  I feel I am pretty active, especially since I am not sitting in chair (other than at night and work).  My job is all on computer, so I am definitely stiff and sore on certain days.  I make it a habit to get up at least every 45 mins to an hr.  It seems like I have a couple of good days and then a really 'sore' day. 

The bursitis question has me wondering.  I have very bad soreness in both my glute areas when I get up.  It radiates from waist down to mid buttocks.  I’m very sore and stiff.  It is hard to get going in the morning and I can hardly bend over to pick up pet dishes, etc.  I’m taking Celebrex once again, because I think it could be related to arthritis somewhat.  I'm 53 but can usually keep up with the crowd pretty well.  I have arthritus in my family history.  Also, I had back surgery (fusion S1/L5) about 6 yrs ago.  I think some of the scar tissue from that surgery gives me sciatica pain.  Who knows??? 

I've not been this sore for a few days at a time and it really bugs me.  My hip doesn't hurt (other than soreness around the surgery site..not real bad).  I can tell when I overdo walking around at time though, so I lay back off a bit.

Is this old age or does anyone have that kind of soreness?  This site is the greatest.... ! 

Jim1957

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 09:47:40 AM »
Pamela,  I think a lot of us have the same type of soreness and stiffness you have but it varies depending on a lot of factors.  Family history may be working against you.  You and I had our surgeries about the same time (I had left hip BHR).  When I first get up in the morning it's the worst time of the day for me.  I'm a little sore but very stiff.  Could be I sleep on my left side in the fetal postition which is the equivalent to being in the sitting position for many hours.  Once I get moving and get through a warm shower I'm doing pretty well.  It's only been in the last week that I could cross my left leg over the right by putting my left ankle on my right knee.  I have to grab it and pull.  The muscle resists but doesn't hurt. 

Sitting much more than and hour and a half to two hours is tough.  After 2 hours I have to get up and move around.  When I went to see the movie Avatar and I had to get up and stand by a side wall for part of the last hour.  The movie is almost 3 hours long which is beyond what I can sit for now. 

Each week it really does get better.  Hang in there.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Yesterday at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear