+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: A quick drop in  (Read 1643 times)

Caroline109

• My So Called Orthopedic Life
A quick drop in
« on: January 27, 2010, 10:15:16 AM »
Just a quick drop in note. I thought I was ready for a hip replacement this fall but my ortho disagreed. But actually, that turned out to be a semi-good thing. I have already had one knee partially replaced. Since the fall, my other knee started deteriorating quickly and terribly (and now hurts a whole lot more than my hip does). I saw my ortho yesterday a 1 year check in of the PKR knee and we also discussed my other knee. I will be having a total knee replacement this spring, probably at the end of April, beginning of May. I'm taking a long overdue trip to visit my sister in the Azores in March so I am waiting a little bit for the surgery.
Cortisone shot in my left hip, July 2009
Already have a partial knee replacement (Sept. 2008)
I also have ITP, a blood disorder that can make me bruise more easily than most people, though I have a fairly mild case of it.

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: A quick drop in
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 10:31:36 AM »
Hi

What kind of partial knee did you get? Who did your surgery?  I would be happy to post your story on my  http://www.kneesforyou.com  website.  Many hip patients also have knee problems, so I have a knee website to help people learn about their options.

Thanks for the update.  Keep in touch when you can.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Caroline109

• My So Called Orthopedic Life
Re: A quick drop in
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 10:56:09 AM »
Hi Pat-
I have an Oxford Partial Knee, installed in me Sept. 17, 2008 (although it was a year check up for that knee yesterday, it was actually a year from the last time I saw him about that knee). My doctor is Dr. LAwrence Schweitzer of Connecticut Family ORthopedics in Danbury, CT. And, as an aside, he was very pleased at how well my knee was working yesterday.
I'll check out your knee site. I'm sure you've heard your hip bone's connected to your leg bone and your leg bone is connected to your knee bone........

Modified to add: Feel free to include my story at your knee site. I had mensicus injuries twice with subsequent arthroscopies to clean up the messes made by each. Add that to a strong family history of arthritis, you get me with one PKR and one soon to be TKR.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 10:59:15 AM by Caroline109 »
Cortisone shot in my left hip, July 2009
Already have a partial knee replacement (Sept. 2008)
I also have ITP, a blood disorder that can make me bruise more easily than most people, though I have a fairly mild case of it.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear