+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: revision  (Read 7150 times)

woodway2

revision
« on: February 12, 2010, 09:26:01 PM »
Hi BILL, Pat et al
This is my second post as I don't see the first one appearing - probably my confusion with this borrowed laptop....
I've been reading your disheartening posts about pain issues. I'm so sorry to hear you are having problems but BILL I do know that sitting on a tennis ball sensation very well...
Anyway, I am 2 weeks back from revision to a classic plastic/metal total hip. The surgery experience was better this time - note to all - it made a huge difference that they kept me warm throughout the procedure with some kind of paper tube filled with hot air, and therefore I had no need of warming up afterwards. I am weight bearing as tolerated which is so much easier that my previous 6 weeks non weight bearing.
There was some damage from the resurfacing device, BHR. Not black, but brown inflamed tissue. Both joint and tissue have been sent for research.
BILL I'm glad you've had a blood test. Now that I've gone through this I do believe that the metal level blood test is a very effective way to assess the success of the resurfacing. Xrays show the angle and placement of the joint, but they do not reveal damage.

Best to you all,
Nancy

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: revision
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 09:57:56 PM »
Hi Nancy

Glad to hear from you and to know things are working out better for you now.  I certainly hope everything continues to go well for you and you will have a painfree, active summer.

I know everyone wishes you the very best.  PLease keep in touch and let us know how things are going.  You had a rough road to follow and now I hope it is all coasting down hill and fun.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

B.I.L.L.

Re: revision
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 02:52:22 AM »
Hi Nancy, Sorry I missed this post for over a week, I look in here almost nightly but didn't see this till now.  oops :-[

WOWEEEE !!!!    What a ride you've been on huh ?  Man that sucks, but on the positive side it sounds like it's a good thing you got it out of you as it was obviously not something that was gonna heal, I hope the tissue issue works it self out and your back to your normal routine soon. I know 4 people with metal/plastic thr's and they are all happy with them and haven't had any problems.  What an ordeal you've been through, I'm glad the wondering and worrying is over and you can concentrate on getting back to a pain/worry free hip 8)  I have a few questions for you if you don't mind but it's past my bedtime haha, I'll post em up tomorrow, Best of luck to you, Bill

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear