+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Dr Kevin Shrock-Ft Lauderdale  (Read 2256 times)

Jim M

Dr Kevin Shrock-Ft Lauderdale
« on: October 31, 2007, 04:09:23 PM »
BHR lists Dr Kevin Shrock as a surgeon performing BHR in Ft Lauderdale. Has anyone seen Dr Shrock and/or heard how many hip resurfacings he has performed.

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Dr Kevin Shrock-Ft Lauderdale
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 08:28:23 PM »
Hi

I am sorry, but I don't know. If you should find out more about him, please let us know and I will see about listing him on my Doctors List.  I have gone back to my original benchmark of only listing doctors with 100 hip resurfacings or more on the list.

I only know about doctors when their patients write to me or the doctors themselves write to me.

There are a handful of other experienced doctors in Florida if you check my list.

Good Luck.
Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Vicky

Re: Dr Kevin Shrock-Ft Lauderdale
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 11:09:45 AM »
A great doc with a lot of experience in Florida is Dr. Raterman.  I met him last week at the conference and was extremely impressed with him.  He has done close to 250 resurfacings now.  I believe he is in Orlando, but with a surgery this important it would be worth the travel.  I flew from California to India, after all without functioning hiips, you can't walk.  Keep in mind that there are over 1000 BHR trained docs in the US and only half of them do the procedure.  If they were trained, their name is on the list but it does NOT mean they do the procedure. 

This is a very technically demanding procedure, you do NOT want an inexperienced surgeon performing it on you, trust me.  Dr. Raterman is excellent, another choice would be Dr. Stolarski.  Those two would have the most experience in Florida since Dr. Kennedy has retired and is no longer doing them. 

Vicky

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat