+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Dr Keggi and anterior approach  (Read 2556 times)

arc1

Dr Keggi and anterior approach
« on: February 24, 2010, 03:25:59 PM »
I saw Dr. Keggi in CT today and was very impressed with him. He gave me lots of time and came in the room solo without attendings - if you've been in a teaching envoronment you know how nice this is.

He stressed that in my current condition there is no rush. The frustrating thing is the uncertainty of it - 6 months, 1 year, 2, 5. I guess I'm just pleased that I still have time, even if some days are pretty rough. He said to go ahead with any activity I want and let the pain guide me. Makes sense to me. 

He does the approach from the front (anterior?) which he says only goes through 1 thin layer of muscle and is a far easier dislocation procedure. I wonder why this approach isn't standard. Any thoughts on that?

All in all, I was very impressed. I understand he's done about 200 resurfs, which will be regarded as too few by many on this board I guess.

Also, Pat have you taken to editing posts lately? Not sure that is a good development unless you are editing abusive behavior.

Thanks all, look forward to your thoughts.   

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Dr Keggi and anterior approach
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 04:53:05 PM »
Dear arc1 ( I would use your name, but you have not posted it)

Also, Pat have you taken to editing posts lately? Not sure that is a good development unless you are editing abusive behavior.

Please read the footnotes at the bottom of the page - I will also post them here after I finish my remark.  Remember - I own and pay for this website out of my own pocket. My mission is to provide information for visitors to learn about hip resurfacing.  Anytime people post mis-information, opinions based only on inexperinece that is provided in a negative way to purposely make a doctor, medical company or another patient look bad, seem dumb, or wong - I will edit it and remove. It is absolutely my right to make sure information posted here is correct.   A very large amount of people read this information and I intended to keep it as honest and neutral as possible.  Each person may post an opinon, but I make sure others understand it is their opinon.  When quoting other sources, just mentioning it will not do, it is best to provide a link to that information.  I don't expect everyone to be an expert, but I expect people to be kind and reasonable.  When they take over a discussion and continually post wrong and condeming information - I will remove it or make a note to others about it.

Every discussion group has a moderator.  Keith Brewster moderates the Yahoo Group and sometimes removes posts and puts it into moderated mode.  If he doesn't, a great deal of wrong information and name calling happens.  I don't allow that on my group.  It is right to do so.  If you feel that is wrong, I am sorry.  I will continue to closely monitor posts and keep the group neutral, balanced and honest.

Please note footer information below:

Authority
Hip Talk is moderated occasionally and posteriorly.  Moderators are volunteers. Internet users posting comments on Hip Talk should not be considered as health professionals.
Complementarity
Comments posted on Hip Talk should be designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her existing physician.
Confidentiality
We remind you that everyone can read and use your comments. You do have the possibility to erase your own comments.
Comments
Internets users commenting on Hip Talk must behave with respect and honesty at all times. Internet users may not post any commercial/advertising comment. Internet users commenting on Hip Talk must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge. Sources to health/medical claims must be provided when relevant.

Moderators Reserve the right to erase, without notification, any comment they would judge inappropriate.

Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

arc1

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 06:02:17 PM »
Thanks for clearling that up, my name is Charlie. That's where I was going with the 'abusive behavior' comment. You never know where you'll learn something from though. Thanks.

jackmac32

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 07:48:31 AM »
Hi,
I am in CT and went to see Dr Keggi about a year ago.  I too was very impressed with him.   At the time he had only done about 200 resurfacings, he must be up to at least 250-300 by now.   I opted to go with Dr. Su who had done about 1000 more and couldn't be happier.
Jackmac
LBHR 10-01-09
Dr Su.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat