+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Different Beds  (Read 2123 times)

Foosball

Different Beds
« on: March 11, 2010, 09:45:44 AM »
Just wondering if anyone has had a problem sleeping on a different bed other than their own.

I'm at 4 1/2 months post-op and I've been trying to sleep on my girlfriend's bed and my hip started to ache.   At first everything was ok.  Then after about 15 minutes I noticed a dull ache deep in my hip.  After another 20 mins, the ache gradually increased to the point where I had to get up.  

I only had my right hip done.  The ache is only in the right hip, nothing in the left.  The weird thing is that it happens no matter which side I sleep on and I can't sleep on my back unless it's in a recliner.  

This happened last weekend too.  The bed sinks down a little more than mine.  I'm thinking my leg is at a slightly different angle when I'm lying on her bed.  

Has anyone else had this problem?

Sleepless in CA
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 03:19:34 PM by Foosball »
RBHR - Oct 21st, 2009 - Dr. Salypongse

crash1992

Re: Different Beds
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 02:30:50 PM »
Yes, I am having an issue with my soft bed.

I am now 6 days post op.  Rt. hip done in Canada with Cormet.  I am feeling preety good but once laying in my soft matress I do get a sharper ace in my hip.  I acturally moved to the foot of the bed where the mattress is a bit harder.  It is a king and I am short so it was okay, but very temporary.  My husband is off today to find a harder mattress.

Soft beds are not good for "us" I think.  ????  I will do a bit more research, but paid alot of money for this bed and only started to have increased aces and husband with back so...time to move on to another.

So, yes in my opinion the matress makes all the difference, finding the perfect one will be the challenge.

Big Bill

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 10:55:21 PM »
Big Bill here.... I sleep on a Tempurpedic with an adjustible base... sweeeet  ::). Go do a test drive on one someday or do a little research!  It is worth it in the long run (20 year warranty)!

Big Bill  C.A.S.H.  8)

Luann

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 06:06:06 PM »
I sooo agree with Big Bill (although mine does not adjust!) Tempurpedic is the best, but any memory foam matress will do (Costco has some nice and cheaper alternatives) I couldn't stand (or should I say... lay?) to be without it.  Lu
F age 45 right hip C+ Dr.Sparling 6/02/10

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 08:19:28 PM »
It is really important to have a bed that feels good under your body and your operated hip.  What use to work for you, just might not after surgery or even after you become more mature!  If you sleep in an uncomfortable bed, you will toss and turn all night.  I do that in a good bed! LOL  Surgery changes a lot.  You body has a lot of healing and changes happening - give it good support. 
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM