+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Dislocation 3 years post op  (Read 1613 times)

twingirl252

Dislocation 3 years post op
« on: March 15, 2010, 09:55:48 PM »
i too am still having trouble after almost 3 years this aug. My hip was getting stuck, kept going to dr. who said my implant was perfect didn't move doesn't know why, gave me muscle relaxers had mri/ cat scans found bursitis on hip had cortisone shot in the site.
last thurs, at work, my leg got stuck couldn't get up had to be carried out by emt. to er i went where xray showed dislocated hip.  From my research it said that it was very rare for this to happen.  Did anyone else have this kind of problelm,along with clicking noises, and sometimes sharp pains in hip??

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Dislocation 3 years post op
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 10:08:17 PM »
Hi

Welcome to Hip Talk.  I gave you your own topic.

I am sorry to hear about your problems.  How old were you when you have your resurfacing? Who did your resurfacing?  What device did you receive?  Where do you live?

It is very unusual to have a dislocation at 3 years post op.  Since you seem to have had problems from the start, something is not right - in my opinon.  I am not a doctor and only know a few people that had dislocation problems.  It sounds almost like you have an impingement.

If your doctor can't give you an explanation for your problems, I would suggest sending a copy of your x-rays to several of the most expirenced hip resurfacing surgeons to get a second opinon.  Something is wrong and you need to find out what it is.  That is why I asked where you live also.  There are only a few really top expierenced surgeons and they are in different areas of the country.

I hope you are OK right now.  Few people have had dislocations, especially so far into their recovery.  You can send me an email if you don't want to post your info.  I would suggest you either get a consultation from Dr. De Smet of Belgium, Dr. Gross of SC, Dr. Su of NY or a couple others.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 08:01:55 AM by Pat Walter »
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

medgerton

Re: Dislocation 3 years post op
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 01:12:54 AM »
Take Pat's suggestion of a second opinion. Most of us have had very positive experience after hip resurfacing.  A few ups and downs during recovery but the end result is full function and a pain free existence. Your experience says something is wrong. I don't want to sound smarter than your doctor but get a second opinion from one of the doctors Pat mentioned.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear