+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: If Ever a Doubt!  (Read 1523 times)

bad_hips_guy

If Ever a Doubt!
« on: March 29, 2010, 06:47:40 PM »
Hi All-

I'm 47-yrs-old and new to this group, but have found much support in reading your posts!  Many thanks to all of you!
I am now 7-days out from my Hip Resurfacing procedure....and can't wait!  :)  I know, sounds a little "sick", but after the past few years and now most recently the past few weeks, it HAS to be much better than what I have been enduring.

On 10 February this year, I was diagnosed with the degenerative joint disease that I have in both hips.  I couldn't answer all of the Dr.'s questions about family history of Arthritis, since most of them died in their 60's from heart disease....tuff options, uh?!  My decision was made, and now I am waiting.

And then, there for just a few days when the Dr. prescribed pain-killers and anti-inflammatorys were working their magic, I thought "why the heck do I want to go through this, I'm feeling fine!"   

Well, the "why" has been answered over the past few days....since I have been off of ALL medications for the 1st time in over a year leading up to my surgery (not even a simple Tylenol or Motrin) in order to to clear my system.  Let me tell you....if EVER I had a doubt about what I am doing.....then no more!  I've never hurt more in my life than I am right about now.  And not to mention, my pre-op lab work came back and I have elevated Liver counts.  It's now very obvious, I can't continue to get through each day feeling like this, but also can't sacrifice other body-parts to help tolerate the pain.

If ever a doubt, my surgery can't get here soon enough!  (and then they will schedule me for the 2nd one!)  ;D

My kids call me,
bad_hips_guy

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: If Ever a Doubt!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 06:53:10 PM »
7 days is not a long time.  It will be here before you know it.  I was like you, I could not wait to get my hip fixed to get out of pain and on with my life.

Good Luck. Stay positive and stay in touch.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

moe

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 07:56:41 PM »
bhg, I felt the same way as you, had the twofer, no regrets. good luck, moe
Bi-lateral, BHR, Dr Marchand. 7-13-09

bothdone

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 04:01:46 AM »
Hope it all goes well.