+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Great experience, icing and compression machine highly recommended  (Read 4026 times)

hench

Today is two weeks post op.  My procedure was done by Dr. Rector in Boulder, Colorado.  If anyone is looking for a qualified doctor in the West, Dr. Rector is the person and Boulder Community hospital and staff were wonderful.  My recovery has been nothing short of amazing, which I have to attribute to the job Dr. Rector and his team did.

One thing that I've never seen posted is the use of an icing and compression machine called "Game Ready" (http://www.gameready.com/products/hipGroin.htm).  Part of my pre op was meeting with the vendor of this machine to get a tutorial on how it works, etc.  The nurses had it hooked up and running the same day of surgery.  I really think it played a big role in my recovery.  It provides very efficient icing along with compression.  I took the machine home and continue to use it (no bags of ice, frozen peas, etc.).

If you doctor doesn't suggest this machine, go out of your way to get your hands on it.  I think my insurance is covering the fee, but if not I don't think it's much more then $200-$300 bucks.

Going back to Dr. Rector to have the right hip done in June.

Cheers,
Hench

resurface

Re: Great experience, icing and compression machine highly recommended
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 12:40:58 PM »
Just called them as it sounds like a great idea.  Unfortunately my insurance company (BCBS) does not have a deal with them. Cost is $250 for first two weeks and $125 / week thereafter without insurance.

dw

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 02:20:54 PM »
I've seen people (even on here) selling theirs after they are done with them. (not maybe that model, but similar machines) - do a search - I bet you can find one used.

Tommy

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 03:09:47 PM »
I bought mine on here for 100.00 dollars from Rob
Dr Tupper  LBHR  6/02/09
Oklahoma
DR Gross Biomet uncemented RHR 5/6/22

resurface

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 03:15:19 PM »
Excellent. I am in the market!  Please let me know if anyone wants to sell theirs!

Jeff

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 10:02:12 PM »
Hi Hench, I'm two weeks post op from Rector as well (LBHR on 4-12-10), we likely were in hosp at same time! And I ditto your results, Dr. Rector and team were great and my recovery is likewise going very well.

The Game Ready is VERY expensive if one buys one (like $2500.00), but usually one can lease one like Hench or me...even if insurance doesn't cover the renting....its WAY worth the rental cost for the icing and compression the system uses.  Helped me immensly with swelling and assists with compressions (esp good to prevent DVT). Dr. Rector's team highly recommended it for good reason,  glad I have it!!!

Jeff

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal