+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: bilateral 1 year post OP  (Read 3936 times)

emaxwell

bilateral 1 year post OP
« on: May 04, 2010, 11:30:02 AM »
Things couldn't be better. Dr Gross says everything is perfect and I have no restrictions. Not only do my hips feel great but my nagging back pain I used to have from being on my feet a lot is long gone as well.
The only lingering complication is my daughter born roughly 9 months after my first surgery :o

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: bilateral 1 year post OP
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 12:42:53 PM »
Glad to hear everything is going well for you.  Just think - your daughter and your hip can celebrate birthdays with each other   ;D

Have fun.  Good Luck.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

jazz

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 12:07:29 PM »
I am totally new to Surface Hippy, but find the site to be enormously helpful. I will continue to make use of all the information presented, especially physical therapy tips. I am almost 8 weeks post bilateral hip resurfacing, and I've read about the turtles and the rabbits. Well, I have one of each. I have been very frustrated by the pain and the marked limp on my right side, because the left side feels almost like nothing was done to it! The severity of the problem going in apparently has quite the impact on recovery time. I did walk today for about a mile unassisted, but it wasn't pretty and it wasn't pain-free (except on the left). I have decided to keep pushing hard because I know I need to build up the muscles that had been used so improperly for years (compensating). The issue at hand for me is financial - insurance pays very little toward PT, so I'm doing it myself. I'll get there.

towboy

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 10:10:45 AM »
Hi all. I am pretty new to site and this is my first post. I am 42 now had left resurface 2 years ago due to avn. Right side hit me about a month ago with the all to familiar deep groin pain and the limp that goes along with it. Haven't been to Dr. that done my resurfr yet just been to local ortho. Think i will skip all the steps and just go on with right side resurf. appointment. Anyone who has had 2 done feel second one was easier or harder? I will keep up with site more now. Good luck to all.
tow

peterwi

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 08:18:38 PM »
Hi all,

I am now 10 weeks bilateral post-op and although everything is healed I am a little frustrated how much pain there still is even though I am without crutches. Every step and every extreme move causes sharp-pain for my. At the physical therapy they tell me that all this pain comes from the fact that I walked completely differrently for 40 year before the surgery, so everything needs to stretch and build muscle in new ways. It's hard to believe that this would cause so much pain, but because it's exactly the same on both sides, I guess it must be true.
Can someone please tell me how long it really took after a bilateral HR, where there was a completely normal walk and no more pain at all while walking?

Thanks,

Peter

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 10:30:01 AM »
Peter

You are correct in realizing that you walked different for 40 years, so now it will take more than a couple months to get back to normal.  Six months is when most people are healed enought to begin normal activities and most surgeons want you to wait 1 year before running and doing extreme sports.  So you are still early in your recovery.  Water therapy often helps with the stiffness.  http://www.surfacehippy.info/ptarticles.php Sorry to have taken so long to answer, but I am 3 months post op from open heart surgery and just getting back to doing some normal things.  The bodies take a long time to heal from all these surgeries and we need to be patient and understanding that we can't push it, just do the exercises and PT that helps and be patient.  Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM