+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Got Home Today  (Read 1549 times)

tcarroll

Got Home Today
« on: May 15, 2010, 09:01:23 PM »
Been 8 days since my BHR,was in a rehab facilty for 5 days.Doing ok,walking as much as i can but muscles are still sore.Not a whole lot of pain.Only problem is sleeping,i am used to sleeping on my side now i have to sleep on my back and it's hard to do that.I am really paranoid about hurting myself or taking the hip out of socket itreally scares me.Surgery went well about 3 and a half hours.So all i can do is take it one day at a time.

Tim

Jamie N

Re: Got Home Today
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 08:23:53 AM »
Glad to here it's going well! the sleeping thing was hard for me too i've always moved alot in my sleep.the fear of dislocating goes away . good luck

resurface

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 09:07:48 AM »
Tim

Hi.  I am 10 days out.  Just now can I stay on my non-operated side.  I could not sleep on it but I do get 10 - 15 minutes off my back.  It may a few more weeks (easily) before I can sleep on the non-operated side.  Seems to me that when I am on my side there is a lever affect pulling on the operated side that gets sore after 10 - 15 minutes.

Resurface...

fenceman

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 10:03:57 AM »
Glad to hear you are home Tim.  Sleeping is going to be tough for next 1 or 2 weeks.  Pillows and recliner are your best bet.  I was only able to get a couple of hours of sleep at a time and then I would have to find a new position, moving to the couch or the recliner.  Finally I was able to turn on my side but it was only comfortable for 15 to 20 minutes.  Each day gets a little bit better.

Worrying about knocking something loose or injuring yourself is very common.  As you heal and do your PT you will feel all kinds of pains and sensations that you are not sure what they are.  I was always worried I knocked my cap loose or worse when I felt like I overdid it.  But the new pain/sensation would go away after a couple of days and I would feel a great sense of relief.  The good thing about a BHR is that it  very, very rarely comes out of socket.  You have a lot less restrictions than a THR.

Each day you will get a little better.
L-BHR - Aug 2008 - Dr. Brooks  Cleveland Clinic Main Campus
R-BHR - Dec 2012 - Dr. Brooks  Cleveland Clinic Euclid Hospital
L-BHR Revision Nov 2017 - Dr. Brooks Euclid

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat