+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: scar feeling a little tender  (Read 5003 times)

sharleen

scar feeling a little tender
« on: June 01, 2010, 07:51:10 PM »

I don't know whether I am worrying unnecessarily but after nearly 6 weeks post op I discovered yesterday that I have a pink rim around my scar, it is still VERY tender to the touch and also seems a bit (compared to the other side) swollen. It also feels very warm. I just pray that I haven't got an infection . I don't know whether it has always been like this since surgery or if I've just noticed it. I have absolutely no pain anywhere else. Is this normal? Calling the surgery is like waiting for Christmas so any help would be appreciated.
Best Sx

roosevelt heights

Re: scar feeling a little tender
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 11:19:02 AM »
Sharleen,

After experiencing an infection personally...one symptom is a fever of 101+, and chills for more than a day. If you have those, plus other incision related problems head to the ER.

sharleen

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 11:29:44 AM »
Thanks Roose - I don't have a temperature nor do I have chills so think everything is probably OK plus not so pink today. I have too much time on my hands at the moment as am still in recovery mode and have more time to worry about these things than normally. Thank you so much I'm not worried now!
Best
S

Jeff

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 01:19:39 PM »
Hi Sharleen,

resurface

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 01:39:16 PM »
Sharleen

hi.  I had someting similar as I had my surgery almost 4 weeks ago.  As far as soreness, I was told that the nerves will begn to come back to life and thus you will feel a "tingling" sensation around the wound, as well as a great deal of sensitivity in that area.

I agree that any little twitch, sorness is noticed at this point.  All the best...

sharleen

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 01:46:15 PM »

Hi Jeff - were you going to say something?

sharleen

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 01:48:55 PM »
 Hi resurface - I agree with you. I have had such an incredible recovery as far as no pain etc is concerned that I can't believe 'something' isn't going to happen! Just my negative side coming out I guess.
Good luck to you too!

doris

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 04:29:43 PM »
Hi Sharleen

I am 7 weeks post-op.  Early on - I experienced the same thing you did and was panicked that it was infected.  Of course it wasn't.  I agree - recovery has been so awesome that every little twinge seems out of the ordinary!  Hope you are doing well!

Doris
RBHR 04/12/10 - Dr. Peter Brooks, Cleveland Clinic

sharleen

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 06:15:59 PM »
thanks Doris - I am incredibly well. Today I swam in the pool and even though I live in Bermuda the water seemed very cold! I lowered myself in which took ages and then I thought, UH OH! what's going to happen now.Sink or swim! I swam like a little mermaid (breast stroke) and am feeling very pleased with myself! I hope that all goes well with you too!

Jeff

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2010, 11:35:43 PM »
Hi Sharleen,
     Sorry I lost my post earlier.  With all said and done it sounds like everything is okay.  However like many here within this site I would recommend at least a phone call to your doctor/surgeon if you feel at all uneasy about anything.  Your doctor expects you to vigilant about your own body.  I am 7+ weeks post op LBHR and never had any of the symptoms of tenderness or the like at the surgical site at 5-6+ weeks.  Perhaps better safe than sorry.  Just my two cents.

Good Luck, Jeff

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal