+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: hip Hip HOORAY! I've made it!  (Read 1547 times)

Sherri

hip Hip HOORAY! I've made it!
« on: June 18, 2010, 10:45:04 AM »
 ;D Hello friends it's Sherri and it's official I'm a surface hippy!   I had my new hip installed this past Tuesday (3days-agojune15th) !  I am in amazing shape! Here is a brief run down of my experience at huron Sinai hospital in Michigan with the ever amazing Dr. Phillip Schmitt, he is awesome! Day one, surgery 7am nervous as he'll scared to death- woke up in recovery room relaxed and basically unaware my hip was already done! 10am in my room feeling relieved and by 2pm a feeling of accomplishment and joy exhilarates my soul! Still no pain feet are wiggling and I have friends visiting sitting up in bed laughing calling people socializing, I'm happy and pain free! Had a bad roommate who had dementia and nurses relocated me to a private room at 2am still happy no worries! 7 am woke up time for everyone to come check on me every hour- wish I had a nights sleep, hip and leg sore like I did a thousand lunges at the gym, PT came in at 1130 am got me up and I walked out my room did a u turn came back into my room at sat in a chair- next- the cold sweats and dizzy spell- they lay me down and in ten minutes I'm fine. That scared me but no blood pressure problems, maybe just the meds, speaking of which how much meeds did I take very little day one had diluadid in the pain button and torodol shot day two...pain button hit only twice day 3 no pain meeds day four Tylenol I will continue 

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: hip Hip HOORAY! I've made it!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 10:56:58 AM »
Congratulations on that new hip!  Glad everything is going well for you. Thanks for the update.

Take it easy and you will soon be "running" around! 

We will be waiting for your updates.

Good Luck.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

tcarroll

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 07:23:04 PM »
Good for you Sherri,

Glad to hear that,it get's better day by day.I am 6 weeks out now.First week was brutal though.But hang in there and be strong,i have the Good Lord to thank for getting me through it.I prayed a lot and he answered.Amen.So take care and be careful.

Tim

Tarhoo2

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 09:54:09 PM »
Welcome to the "other side" and congratulations for getting to where you are.  I had both of mine done about 2 years ago and had wonderful experiences.  I didn't pray too much and still came out okay.  Was very grateful for the talented hands of my orthopaedist.  Best wishes for a full recovery.

Sherri

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 12:12:04 AM »
Great Drs equal great results trust Pats recommendations I did!  :)

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear