+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Stiff!  (Read 1600 times)

Sherri

Stiff!
« on: June 21, 2010, 04:25:49 PM »
Wow! Am I ever so stiff around the knee today just took some ibuprofen along with reclining ice time! Maybe I did too much yesterday, went to my in laws house for fathers day then scooted around the grocery store in the scooter thing. Slept great just stiffing up, PT is on his way with promises to loosen up the muscles! How long doesn't take for muscles to loosen up?  ??? Anyway doing great otherwise used the regular bathroom seat no problem in fact I didn't even realize I stood up without using walker or rail. Wow!

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Stiff!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 09:05:56 PM »
Stiffness is common.  I was really stiff at 6 weeks post op after sitting for awhile.  Would really hurt for the first few steps, then loosen up.  I did a few weeks of water walking and exercises in the pool.  Many people do that.  Once the muscles get back to normal, then you don't have that problem.  Here is a page with the exercises I did  http://www.surfacehippy.info/poolexercises.php   Other exercises and stretches are on this page  http://www.surfacehippy.info/ptarticles.php

It is always best to ask your surgeon what he/she suggests when you are having problems.

Good Luck.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Sherri

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 09:16:44 PM »
Thanks pat! Cannot wait to do the water walking!  :o

obxpelican

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 09:27:19 PM »
That "startup stiffness" is a real bugger, I was told sometimes it can last up to a year, mine took about that long, just the first few steps.  The good times are ahead of you.

Chuck
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

sarahb

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 06:03:18 AM »
We call it hydrotherapy in the UK, but I like water walking  :)

I found and no doubt will find again after revision, its fantastic... made a huge difference, but just make sure to take pain relief before you get in the water as its easy to think its so great but when you get out, it hits you if you're not careful !

Good luck xx

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat