+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 6 weeks post op  (Read 1712 times)

keithbrumpton

6 weeks post op
« on: June 27, 2010, 01:47:33 PM »
Great site, it has been a big help finding out how I've been doing, answering questions in my mind, and finding out what comes next!
I was very fit,but played a huge amount of tennis and football. Stunned to hear I had to have hip rsurfacing. Got it done in Newcastle
6 weeks ago. Op went pretty well, and have been walkig without crutches since week 4. Not pushing it too hard though as the opposite
knee is dodgy so am looking at a partial knee replacement, hopefully within the next few weeks. At least it stops me pushing the hip too hard!

I found the hardest part of the whole process was not getting a good sleep at night. Have only just started to sleep through the last three nights
(joy!) previous to that kept having to get up and use an arm chair just to change position. Frustrating. Got my 1st check up in 2 weeks, so fingers crossed.
Once again thanks to all who have taken the trouble to post, its great to know you're not alone!

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: 6 weeks post op
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 08:39:09 PM »
Hi Keith

Great to hear about your story.  Sometimes backs and knees and even the opposite hips cause a lot of problems after surgery.  Often after 6 months or a year, they will settle down.  I hope they have looked at your knee closely before you go in for surgery.  A partial is better than a total knee replacement. 

I hope go start to get some good sleep soon.  Are you able to sleep on your side now?  You can also get some sleeping meds to use temporarily to get good rest.  It is important in the healing process.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Pat

Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

keithbrumpton

Re: 6 weeks post op
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 12:48:42 PM »
10 weeks post op now.
Hi Pat
yes. sleeping great now thanks. Found a little in-flight pillow made the difference. Got the all clear from the hospital last week - all is as it should be and just 2 weeks till I can lie on my side and also return to normal activities - or at least cycling and swimming! (in Newcastle they tell us 3 months before resuming these things)
Going in for my partial knee op at the beginning of september - same story - bone on bone!
Wish there was a partial knee site like this one, it has been a great help.
thanks again!
Keith

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat