+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Hip failure from India  (Read 5678 times)

baxter

Hip failure from India
« on: July 06, 2010, 10:53:28 AM »
Hi my name is Gary(from California) I last posted on this site about one and a half years ago. Sept 15 2007 I traveled to Combator India for bi lateral hip resurfacing. Dr. Bala was
did my surgery. Once I returned to the States, it was determined that I had an infection and that my right hip was poorly installed. Within a few months I experienced hip failure. My right hip broke down. I then had to find financial backing and a Ortho to redo my failed
hip. I had two more surgeries and heavy anti biotic's to deal with the infection. It has
been one year since my corrective surgery. Unfortunately, I am experiencing
some discomfort in the right hip and I am on a daily dose of sulfamethoxazole-TMP DS.
 It has been an up and down time for me since my trip to India. I would strongly advice anyone thinking of traveling there, to hire a professional organization that does all the leg
work.  
  It is so nice that people have a web site that they can find support and information to
help along the journey.
  All my best,   Gary

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Hip failure from India
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 11:06:45 AM »
Gary

I am very sorry to hear about your hip resurfacing failure.  It is so diffiuclt to go thru the revisions and the infections you mention.  My heart goes out to you.  I do hope that you will start to get painfree and infection free soon. 

Please let us know how you are doing in the future.  I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers - my wish for you is to get pain free and on with your life, regardless of the hip device you have.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

baxter

Re: Hip failure from India
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 11:59:37 AM »
Thank you Pat,  You were lots of support two years ago. As I may have mentioned that
my left hip resurfacing was a success. My left hip feels perfect. Unfortunate for me was
the failure of the right hip. I have been able to hike and to walk the beach with my dog.
The simple act of taking each step is a thrill.
 I have a new job that requirers me to stand through out the day. So far so good. I do
lots of re-strengthening for both legs. It is the infection that has me concerned. I do have
some concerns for another hip failure due to the infection. It was here in the States that
I picked up the worst infection, Staph.
  I have dealt with and contine to deal with thoughts of "Only if it all worked"  You can
only if yourself so much, right. I am thankful for what has worked for me.
  I appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

Gary

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: start running by BilateralRecerf
May 02, 2024, 05:26:17 AM

Re: start running by spartykus
May 02, 2024, 04:08:53 AM

Re: start running by BilateralRecerf
May 02, 2024, 02:27:12 AM

Re: when did your pain/discomfort completely go away by demens13
April 29, 2024, 12:12:52 PM