+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Cortisone Shot for Tendonitis in Groin  (Read 6236 times)

pamela1130

Cortisone Shot for Tendonitis in Groin
« on: July 09, 2010, 09:09:09 AM »
Hi, I am 9 months post op and have developed tendonitis in my groin and my doctor presecribed a cortisone shot that was done under xray.  I am hoping that it works.  I would like to do strengthing exercises.  Any ideas for good exercises?  I have also developed planters facititis on my opposite foot which I am also combating.  These set backs are not discouraging me but others should be prepared as things can happen. 

Pamela
LHR/Hanmer/10/09

ahershberger

Re: Cortisone Shot for Tendonitis in Groin
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 10:19:48 PM »
i too went for the steroid shot in the groin post op and it did nothing!  Not to scare you but I also have fluid (sonogram) and elevated metal ions specifically a moderate reaction to nickel. Not sure what comes next but a revision is likely!!! Keep pursuing answers because we should be pain free. I have had pain in my right hip almost from day one of surgery. Yes it is a bummer but what else do we do but accept that if we are young and mobile expect that a hip resurfacing will work!  Best of luck.

pamela1130

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 06:51:24 PM »
Yeah, I'm not that hopeful, You doing any specific excersises.  Why do you have to have a revision?  I really don't want that to happen.  The groin pain only started about a month or so ago.  The planter's facitits came, I am sure from favoring my operated leg.  yeah, Its a bummer alright cuz you hear about all these people who do just great.  It's not bad, but I could do without the groin pain as that is what it felt like when my hip first started to go bad.  Hang in there.  I will try also   

ahershberger

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 02:38:39 PM »
Not sure I have to have a revision but will know a lot on Tuesday.  I have had pain in the groin for at least the last 9 months and prior to that severe back pain which moved into the right hip thigh area and is now only in the groin.  Some of the pain is at pre surgery level pain! All xrays and ct are good but fluid was seen on a sonogram.  My ion levels are fairly high (10x the normal high) which my surgeon doesn't like so  I have had the blood panel done and i show a moderate reaction to nickel.

I will post back after my appointment on Tuesday.  I have also been emailing back and forth with Dr. De Smet of Belgium and learning a lot and will probably send my reports to him to ask him for a formal second opinion.  My fear is that since my left hip is okay and the right one isn't that it is probably surgeon error and due to my small femoral head size.

After reading a lot of what is being learned from these surgeries, I may not have been a good candidate...we shall see and we may have to ask the surgeon to cover any out of pocket expenses if I have yet another surgery to correct this!!

sfinrecovery

• Right Hip BHR November 8, 2010
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 11:20:19 PM »
Thanks for posting on groin pain. 

I am pre-resurfacing still going through the medical evaluations on what is the cause of the groin pain and severe glute cramps. I am in PT following two arthroscopies that have proven to be unsuccessful, apparently.  The doctor is treating the glute cramps with cortisone shot (two locations, two shots), and indicated that the probable groin pain comes from the glutes muscles being so inactive and not helping the leg muscles.  He indicated it is probable that, with improving the glute inflammation, the groin pain will improve and eventually "go away".  This is all being done to "avoid" the resurfacing. 

I have looked at your postings and it sounds like your complaints about this groin and glute pain also occur with your resurfacing (on some of you, anyway).  Your stated symptoms are VERY similar to the ones I am having.

I also wanted to mention that when I "brace" my hip (grab the side of the hip with thumb in the groin and hand wrapping the hip too the glute) it feels better, although not compeltely gone, but good enough to finish going up the stairs or walking a hill.  Is this a sure symptom of needing resurfacing?

Can someone shed any light on this issue?  It seems like similar symptoms pre- and post-resurfacing are both troubling and disinchanting.

Thanks for your support!

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat