+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: AVN question for Dr. Gross  (Read 6038 times)

towboy

AVN question for Dr. Gross
« on: July 25, 2010, 03:23:47 PM »
Dr. Gross,

What is your thoughts on having hip resurfacing done while in stage 2 avn with no collapse of joint at this time? I have already had left hip resurfaced 2 years ago due to avn. However at this time I have been in a great deal of pain just being in stage 2. Been hurting for 9 weeks now. Just wondering if it is to early for surgery?
tow

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
AVN question for Dr. Gross
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 03:43:53 PM »
Hi

Dr. Gross does not follow this discussion group, so he will not answer your questions.  I am sorry.

If you want his opinion, you can drop him an email with a copy of your x-rays attached in a digital format as a .jpg    If a few weeks, he will call you personally on the phone and discuss your hip problems and solutions with you.  That way you can ask all the questions in an email and he will answer them. 

The folks here, including myself, are not medically trained so we can not answer them for you.  You need an experinced hip surgeon to tell you when you should have a hip resurfacing, if it is possible.

Good Luck.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

towboy

Re: AVN question for Dr. Gross
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 07:40:06 AM »
Thanks Pat. All i have is my MRI disc at this time. However, i am seeing the surgeon that done my other hip next monday. Maybe i will get some answers then.

Thanks,
 Chris
tow

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat