+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: clunking after 4 months?  (Read 1595 times)

dougmint

clunking after 4 months?
« on: August 05, 2010, 10:15:10 PM »
So I had the BHR at the end of March.  I am a 41 year old male.  Pain is gone.  I can bike ride all I want.  I still get a little "clunking" in my operated leg, when I am doing things like brushing my teeth.  Does this go away over time?  Should I be concerned?  I have no other issues.  thanks, Doug

obxpelican

Re: clunking after 4 months?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 10:20:35 PM »
No need to worry at this point about the clunking, sometimes it can last for up to 6-9 months.  You still have a lot of scar tissue and believe it or not some healing is still going on.  As long as pain is not associated with the clunking or popping.

Chuck
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

CanadaDi

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 01:52:20 PM »
Hi, I just had my three-month check up this week and discussed some minor "clunking" with my surgeon.  He said not to worry if there is no pain associated with this, it's probably related to the ligaments around the joint.  From what I have read on other posts this will go away eventually as the ligaments/soft tissue/muscles settle around the joint. 

John C

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 02:05:01 AM »
Many of us have had this, and the doctors usually say "no pain means no worries". I had a lot of "clunking" over the first few weeks. At two years, it is rare and very subtle, but I still feel it about once a day; usually in the shower in the morning before the muscles have awakened enough to stabilize the joint.

John
John/ Left uncemented Biomet/ Dr Gross/ 6-16-08
Right uncemented Biomet/Dr Gross/ 4/25/18

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz