+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: horse riding advise anyone?  (Read 2701 times)

saffrons

horse riding advise anyone?
« on: August 16, 2010, 08:57:36 AM »
Hi I have had both hips resurfaced (bh). The first was done 9months ago and the second 5months ago.  I am currently having physio therapy weekly and find the exercises are helping me - also i swim regularly, work in the gymn and do as much walking as i can.  I don't have any pain but do ache if i have walked or stood for any length of time.  I am overall really really happy with the results as to be pain free is just the best.  Before my surgery I was riding horses regularly (competing and schooling young horses) - i realise i have to respect my body and fully intend not to rush anything or to put myself at risk riding anything dangerous.  However, i wondered if anyone has returned to riding - how soon they got back in the saddle and also what effect riding might have on my new hips.  My consultant and my pt have both said its up to me and how i feel.  If i thought is was going to do me longterm harm or wear my new hips out prematurely I may well retire - but this would be a life changing decision as it has been my career for many years.

:)

B.I.L.L.

Re: horse riding advise anyone?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 05:16:30 AM »
Don't know if you noticed but keep scrolling down through the topics, there is a section about horseback riding  8)

saffrons

Re: horse riding advise anyone?
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 04:27:14 AM »
Thank you bill

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM