+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Hip Resurfacing Info  (Read 1588 times)

jjiam

Hip Resurfacing Info
« on: August 30, 2010, 07:22:59 PM »
Hiya all, I had my hip resurfaced in September of 2007.  I was fine for about 1 year or a little longer.  I then started doing treadmill, and elliptical.  After about 1 month, I started hurting so bad I couldnt do the treadmill anymore and the elliptical was painful.  So to make a long story short, the implant came loose on top of my femur and was moving around giving me tons of pain.  I basically limped worse and had to use a cane at work just like before the surgery.  So what I had to do was get total hip replacement.  I contacted Dr. Gross and several other surgeons, they told me before they knew which was loose, if it was my cup in my acetabulum, I could get another cup no problem.  If they went in and found it was the cap on my femur I would need a total hip anyway.  Also the doctor said NEVER to do the treadmill. Well the recovery is about the same, but I'm having swelling problems ever after 8 weeks.  It also feels like I have to "crack" my hip, feels almost loose inside, anyway I guess the moral of the story is whether resurfaced or replaced it all sucks and we all have problems I just hope this surgery lasts longer than 3 years, I had my replacemtn surgry July 5th 2010.

obxpelican

Re: Hip Resurfacing Info
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 08:01:17 PM »
Who was your doc?  I don't recall most doctors saying no treadmill.

What did you end up with a THR or a fixed cup?

Chuck
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

John C

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 12:34:17 AM »
I have to ask whether you were walking or running on the treadmill.
John/ Left uncemented Biomet/ Dr Gross/ 6-16-08
Right uncemented Biomet/Dr Gross/ 4/25/18

jjiam

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 01:24:53 AM »
Just walking. And my doctor says treadmills are the devil, cause you have to go at pace of the treadmill, and our bodies wont do that if you run or walk on your own, your constantly changing strides and speed

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat