+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Dr. Vijay Bose (Chennai, India) current package fee?  (Read 2107 times)

RobB

Dr. Vijay Bose (Chennai, India) current package fee?
« on: September 04, 2010, 06:00:55 PM »
I'm just wondering if anyone knows what they're getting nowadays for a hip replacement.

Thanks,

Rob

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Dr. Vijay Bose (Chennai, India) current package fee?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 05:16:10 PM »
Rob   I am not sure, but according to Vicky Marlow it is about $7000 and a total with travel about $10,000    It has not changed much as the Belgium price has.

The best way to get an answer is to drop Dr. Bose an email and ask.  Always best to ask the doctor for good information.  Dr. Bose is very busy, but he does answer his email.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

RobB

Re: Dr. Vijay Bose (Chennai, India) current package fee?
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 11:41:31 PM »
Thanks, Pat. I did just this morning email Dr. Bose my request for an appointment, with a couple of recent x-rays and a local orthopedic's report stating that, if the NSAID doesn't do the job for me, then I'm a candidate for "hip replacement."
I'm hoping that last part will do the trick this time. Three years ago I just sent Dr. Bose some x-rays that didn't look too bad. He was sympathetic, but needed more evidence before agreeing to have me fly to India for a resurfacing. I let it slide until now, but now I really need the repair done, wiki wiki.
However, I failed to ask the price. I did recently see a 2009 post here where someone said it was $7,300. I'm OK with anything in this range...just don't want to be surprised with a really big price jump.

Thanks,

Rob

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat