+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Must note departure date on U.S. passport application?  (Read 6086 times)

RobB

Must note departure date on U.S. passport application?
« on: September 08, 2010, 12:08:22 AM »
Because I really need my hip resurfaced as soon as possible, I thought I might fill out and submit my passport application while I wait to receive an appointment date from Dr. Bose in India. However, I see there is a "departure date" line on the application. I'm wondering if there's any leeway with this. Do I really have to state the precise date I'm leaving before they'll issue me a passport?
I know I can wait a while and then "expedite" the application for $60 additional, but I would then have to drive into L.A. County and show up personally at the Regional Passport Agency in the Federal Building in downtown Los Angeles--something I really want to avoid if possible.
And I haven't even begun to delve into the Indian visa thing. I wonder if that's something that can be expedited for medical reasons without me having to drive up to the consulate in San Francisco.
Any tips from those who have gone before?

Thanks,

Rob

stevejco

Re: Must note departure date on U.S. passport application?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 07:39:01 PM »
Rob,   I know a passport clerk at the post office and she said you really don't need concrete travel plans to get your passport issued. Many people leave the departure date blank. If you need to expedite I believe you are required to give departure dates. Call your local post office that processes passports.  Steve
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 10:29:03 PM by stevejco »

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat