+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 5 1/2 week check up with Dr. Su  (Read 1909 times)

littleb

5 1/2 week check up with Dr. Su
« on: September 28, 2010, 11:23:06 AM »
Happy news! I am doing well. Dr. Su and his new PA very pleased at my ROM so far, xrays showed good placement. We compared before and after, the nasty bone on bone. Apparently we did the surgery at a good time before even more damage could be done. Looked at the left side while we were at it and that side is fine. No resurfacing in the near future. It rained yesterday so I went on one crutch rather than cane. Dr. Su says that I can start walking unaided though to me it seems like I'm walking the walk of a drunk who is trying to hide it. I still have the sensation of the operated leg being a tad longer than the other and find I don't seem to be able to walk a straight line. Next appointment in 2 months.

I can already do some of the new exercises they showed me and reminded me that if it hurts cut back. I can put stuff on the scar to reduce appearance, and need to psch myself for the scar tissue stretching that will begin next week. I went though this with the two small ports after arthoscopic surgery that we tried first and I thought that was unpleasant. One more visit with home PT to close out the case then back to the PT I was going to that understands my back issues.

I got the surgical report so now know my size - head 44, cup 50 BHR. I also read through all the details of what muscles and tendons were cut or "bluntly separated". No wonder my butt still hurts, lol.

I'm feeling good about my daughter's wedding on Saturday. I'm going to pick up a matching cane for my dress today. :D
RBHR
Dr. Su
8/19/10

Luann

Re: 5 1/2 week check up with Dr. Su
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 06:35:52 PM »
Yeah littleb! I am so glad you are doing well! You sounded so down for awhile.
 My operated leg feels longer still, (4 months post op) but so far I have adapted well and learned to walk and function just fine!
 Have a great time at your daughter's wedding and just know that your leg will just keep feeling better!  Lu
F age 45 right hip C+ Dr.Sparling 6/02/10

littleb

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 12:17:16 AM »
My daughter's wedding was beautiful and I danced! Not just the slow ones either. ;D  I was sore Sunday and still sore today but nothing like my pain before surgery. Tomorrow I start out patient PT. Thank you all for your support.. I hope I continue to progress well and start doing some of the other things I really enjoy again.
RBHR
Dr. Su
8/19/10

littleb

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 01:22:59 PM »
Tomorrow will be 2 months. Yesterday not only did I get down on the floor to read a book with my grandson, I got back up without having to grab on to anything and no struggle. On busy days with lots of walking my knee does act up some but I'm working on that in PT and it's not as bad as it was a couple of weeks ago so I guess the muscles are getting stronger and working better together. We're still working on the scar tissue and that is no picnic but as more breaks down the more ease of function comes back. I'm still hoping my back improves (herniated disk) as my gait gets better. If I sit too much I get stiff and it takes a bit to get going smoothly again.My back seems to be more of the culprit most of the time. I haven't been measured but the feeling of one leg being longer than the other has gone away.
RBHR
Dr. Su
8/19/10

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat