+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: third day post - op  (Read 1227 times)

smdmf

third day post - op
« on: November 20, 2010, 04:11:48 PM »
i had an LBHR on 11/17 with dr. schmalzried. everything went well. i stayed in the hospital for 2 nights. with the pt im doing i can already tell im more flexible. im using crutches (usually one). walking is better than expected. the most pain is getting up and the first step or two. i have to wear stockings for three weeks and take various pills and a shot for the next 20 days. i am excited. i just want to say dr. schmalzried and his staff are excellent. im so happy i found this site. thats how i found my doc. thank you pat for being honest and helping all of us unfortunate ones with bad hips.

mike
                                                 lbhr
                                                 Dr. Schmalzried

jerry3839

Re: third day post - op
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 08:47:59 PM »
 Great to know you are doing fine I was wondering how it went good to know everything came out fine I'm 29 and set to do my left hip on Dec/15 good luck in your recovery

edfskins

Re: third day post - op
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 09:39:39 PM »
Great to hear you're on the other side and doing well :-X  I'm 4+ weeks out and will head back to my K-5th grade wonderful PE job after Thanksgiving break.  I just hauled ass around my neighborhood on a 20 minute walk and wanted to run because everything felt so good.  The first 2 weeks are pretty uncomfortable, but after that the pain and swelling improve quite rapidly.  I'm not going to be running any marathons in the next month, but do plan to ride my bike five miles, as I do every work day, my first day back to school.  I've set my bike seat up super high as my ROM isn't great yet, but it's getting better each day.  I started taking very safe, not clipped in, 20 minute rides 5 days ago and although the knee to chest motion still seems stiff, I feel that the low impact motion is very beneficial.  It seems to me that a stationary bike would be the very best PT if you can get your hands on one.  I had hoped to join my local YMCA this week and was really looking forward to some swimming and ROM movements in the hot tub.  I've got an issue with a suture that's trying to poke through my skin, so the water will have to wait as I suspect a small incision will be necessary to excise the suture, and don't want to risk infection. 

I can't believe how normal my hip feels after 10 years of daily OA pain.  Hip resurfacing is a miracle but I'm taking Pat's and everyone else's advise in regard to listening to my body, not pushing it too much and avoiding all jolting, high impact movements.

Please feel free to write if you ever want to touch base with questions or concerns.  edforssen@charter.net

thanks again Pat for all you do ~ Erik :D 

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal