+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Upper Thigh Pain  (Read 9587 times)

Kurt

Upper Thigh Pain
« on: November 23, 2010, 08:04:21 PM »
I'm in my third year after have a BHR on my right hip. I've begun having a lot of pain in it lately. After x-rays and a MRI my doctor is saying I have Bursitis and Tendinitis in that hip. Is this common? My left hip was BHR a year before my right and it has been fine. I'm just thinking that THR is in the plans. All I want to do is walk the dog with no pain.

obxpelican

Re: Upper Thigh Pain
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 08:36:49 PM »
Burisitis is very common for us hippys, if that is the case it can be cured and certainly you won't have to have a revision to THR.

Usually the doc will give you an injection to help the inflamation, has your doctor mentioned taking an anti-inflamitory?  Sometimes that helps.

Don't give up on that hip.

Chuck
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

Rolls

• RBHR 1/31/2007 Snyder, LBHR 10/25/2011 Marchand
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 09:44:36 AM »
Hi Kurt,
It sounds like I may have what you have.  I am 4yrs post op, RBHR and have the same pain.  My doctor mentioned bursitis, but has never gone any further than just "mentioning" bursitis.  He has not been what I expected and I probably will cease to see him any longer.  I am seeing a new doc tomorrow and will post what he says.
Good luck.
RBHR 2007 Snyder NWH,Boston not considered a success.  Still pain 5 yrs post surgery.  Snyder did Ganz procedure. LBHR 2011 Marchand SCH,RI is doing excellent, Marchand did it like it is supposed to be done.

Rolls

• RBHR 1/31/2007 Snyder, LBHR 10/25/2011 Marchand
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 08:24:40 AM »
Kurt,
How have you made out, any progress on your pain?  I am still searching for relief.
RBHR 2007 Snyder NWH,Boston not considered a success.  Still pain 5 yrs post surgery.  Snyder did Ganz procedure. LBHR 2011 Marchand SCH,RI is doing excellent, Marchand did it like it is supposed to be done.

tennispro47

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 09:45:49 AM »
Hi Kurt and others: I am 8 years out w/ my Cormet right hip resurfacing and have recently begun to have occasional right thigh severe muscle pain. X-rays seem to show prosthesis is solid altho a question re: femoral component (cemented in). I am very active (tennis, road biking etc). It seems that loading the operated leg and pivoting maneuvers bring it on but sometimes it just comes out of the no where. No answers yet. Any ideas? Sounds like you have the same or a similar problem. Once we can figure out the cause, we can fix it.

jgenese

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 06:06:25 PM »
Just jumping in here. It's been two years since my left BHR and I'm having some discomfort lately. Can you describe the pain?

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat