+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Mobiltiy Issue  (Read 1779 times)

mstar

Mobiltiy Issue
« on: November 28, 2010, 01:40:12 PM »
Hi,

I had my right BHR done May 27, 2009. I am pain free as far as the hip goes, but I still cannot sit and cross my right leg over my left. I am unable to sit on the floor with my legs crossed. If I do i just fall backward. My surgeon and his physio person both told me on my last visit that it will happen eventually, it will just take time, just keep stretching. They said the x-ray looks fine and they don't see any problems. There has been no improvement whatsoever and it is very frustrating. I still have to sit on a stair and bring my right foot up to the step below my butt to put my shoe on.

Like I said, I have no pain in the hip, just mobility problems. I would like to hear from anybody who might have a clue as to where the problem lies.

D Mstar

resurface

Re: Mobiltiy Issue
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 12:04:44 PM »
As I understand it, you make want to consider working on stretching the piriformis and your hip flexors.  You can see piriformis stretches on youtube.  It is a deep muscle that is more critical than I ever knew.  Good luck. 

Lopsided

Re: Mobiltiy Issue
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 08:24:01 AM »
It is my ambition to sit cross legged on the floor, and am a long way off. So I am interested in your advice too.

Proud To Be Dr. De Smet's First Uncemented Conserve Plus, Left, August 2010

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal