+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Groin pain---a nerve,a tendon, or muscles?  (Read 6074 times)

ReneeP

Groin pain---a nerve,a tendon, or muscles?
« on: November 30, 2010, 07:40:11 PM »
Hi Everyone,
I'm 3 weeks out from a BHR, and the past 2 days I've been getting wicked shooting pains in my groin, shooting to my lower back and down the inside of my leg to the inside of my knee.  I can sit or stand in certain positions and it relieves the pain.  It's definitely caused me to limp more than I was. I also get some pain relief from tylenol and ultram.  Everything was going great and then BAM! I got hit with this.  I saw the PA at the OS office yesterday, and he assured me that it's not a problem with my hip ie., a slipped cup, infection or fracture.  It almost feels like a nerve to me...almost like sciatica, but in the wrong place.  Has anyone else had this?  What did you do for relief?  Does anyone think a chiropractor might be able to help with the pain without screwing up my hip?

The PT said it sounds like it could be irritated fascia, but didn't offer a whole lot of advice other than a stretch and to try a little heat for 10 minutes 2 to 3 times a day.  She said switch to ice if the heat irritates or causes any swelling.  She also said it could be a tendon...I've been doing a few stairs up and down with my new hip.  Now it hurts to raise my knee...she thinks I may have overdone it and to rest for a few days and do some activity without overdoing it.

Renee
Renee

Right BHR 11/8/10
revised to THR 12/13/10
Dr. John Keggi

Chris James

Re: Groin pain---a nerve,a tendon, or muscles?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 08:22:45 PM »
I am 3 weeks p/o today LBHR.  I had the same thing It will pass ice down & do not over do it. let your body heal, you have the rest of your life to rehab slow down and take it one day at a time. This happened on my RBHR too. time is all you need you can not rush it . God Speed!!!! C J 
RBHR 8/31/10 LBHR 11/9/10 Dr Mark Anderson Green Bay,Wi

obxpelican

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 09:43:21 PM »
Sometimes overdoing it can cause issues like this, as long as your doctor is cool with it anti-inflams like advil and ice are usually a good thing to try, back off of whatever you've been doing.

If the pain is caused more from when you put weight on it you might want to call the doc and see if an x-ray is needed.

Chuck

Hi Everyone,
I'm 3 weeks out from a BHR, and the past 2 days I've been getting wicked shooting pains in my groin, shooting to my lower back and down the inside of my leg to the inside of my knee.  I can sit or stand in certain positions and it relieves the pain.  It's definitely caused me to limp more than I was. I also get some pain relief from tylenol and ultram.  Everything was going great and then BAM! I got hit with this.  I saw the PA at the OS office yesterday, and he assured me that it's not a problem with my hip ie., a slipped cup, infection or fracture.  It almost feels like a nerve to me...almost like sciatica, but in the wrong place.  Has anyone else had this?  What did you do for relief?  Does anyone think a chiropractor might be able to help with the pain without screwing up my hip?

The PT said it sounds like it could be irritated fascia, but didn't offer a whole lot of advice other than a stretch and to try a little heat for 10 minutes 2 to 3 times a day.  She said switch to ice if the heat irritates or causes any swelling.  She also said it could be a tendon...I've been doing a few stairs up and down with my new hip.  Now it hurts to raise my knee...she thinks I may have overdone it and to rest for a few days and do some activity without overdoing it.

Renee
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

ReneeP

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 06:43:51 PM »
It's slowly getting better...I feel it a little more in my lower back today.  I'm just taking it really easy for a few days, and using ice and pain meds.  It's not nearly as painful as it was yesterday.

Renee
Renee

Right BHR 11/8/10
revised to THR 12/13/10
Dr. John Keggi

obxpelican

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 07:54:17 PM »
I read that from a lot of people, sometimes it takes a week or better but many times things get much better.

Glad to hear it's headed for the good.

Chuck
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat