+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Need Advice for PAIN  (Read 1445 times)

JulieB

Need Advice for PAIN
« on: December 31, 2010, 04:01:03 PM »
My pain has been progressing over time. Yes, I walk with a limp. However, two nights ago there was a sudden increase in pain and I have been barely able to stand or walk.  Surgery is scheduled for the beginning of February.  What should I do?  Go to the emergency room?  Any help would be appreciated.

ReneeP

Re: Need Advice for PAIN
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 01:24:10 AM »
What were you doing when the pain suddenly increased?  I've heard that a lot of people's hips go downhill fast as they approach surgery.  Maybe you're just completely bone on bone.  I would call the doctor and ask...someone will be on call.  If nothing else, maybe they can prescribe something to help with the pain.  For now, I would ice it and stay off of it until you get a doctor's advice.  I hope you feel better!

Renee
Renee

Right BHR 11/8/10
revised to THR 12/13/10
Dr. John Keggi

obxpelican

Re: Need Advice for PAIN
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 05:06:03 PM »
Celebrex is the most powerful (AFAIK) non narcotic anti inflammatory that I know if, I had to take in my end stage leading up to my surgery along with narcotics at night to help me sleep.

When you have a lot of bone on bone, bone spurs and all the other bad things going in inside your body the surrounding area even become inflammed and that is VERY painful.

I would suggest ICE ICE and advil (if you are allowed) and rest until you can see if you could get a script for something more strong.

Chuck
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM