+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Experienced Surgeon in Oklahoma  (Read 5458 times)

CWEMPE

Experienced Surgeon in Oklahoma
« on: June 18, 2007, 02:29:24 PM »
Need an experienced surgeon in Oklahoma,, Is anyone aware of one.
Thanks
Cwempe

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Experienced Surgeon in Oklahoma
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 02:45:26 PM »
Hello

Welcome to Hip Talk. 

I don't have any experienced doctors from Oaklhoma on my doctors list.  There are so many new doctors doing BHR's that I don't list everyone.  I normally only list doctors that have quite a bit of experience because there is a step learning curve for hip resurfacing. I have a few studies posted that suggest a doctor needs 50 - 100 hip reusrfacing surgeries to become experienced.  My doctor, Dr. De Smet who has done over 2400, suggest a person use a surgeon that has done at least 100 hip resrufacings.

You do have a few experieinced doctors in Texas.  I normally post doctors that I know people have used and are happy with their experience and outcomes. I also try to post the http://www.surfacehippy.info/doctorstatistics.php as far as the number of hip resurfacings they have done

Dr. Theodore Crofford & Dr. Robert Schmidt
Texas Hip and Knee Center
750 8th Ave Suite 400
Fort Worth, TX 76104
817-877-3432
800-356-4732
Texas Hip and Knee Center

Michael Grecula, M.D.
University of Texas Medical Branch
301 University Blvd
Route 6-92
Galveston, TX  77555
409-772-2565
409-772-2266 fax
mgrecula@utmb.edu
University of Texas

Dr. Gregory W. Stocks - BHR trained 2006
Fondren Orthopedic Group L.L.P.
740 South Main
Houston, TX 77030
Fondren Website
Email: info@fondren.com

I hope that gives you someplace to start.  I always try to encourage people to find an experienced doctor that feel good about after meeting or talking with them rather than worrying about finding one close to them.  You need 2 good hips to walk properly for the rest of your life and a short trip to find a doctor that will keep them working right is very important. Many of us have travel far to have our hips resufaced.  Some of us just did not have health insurance and could not afford surgery in the US and others just wanted to use very experienced doctors.  I traveled to Belgium along with many others and Vicky traveled to India, again along with a large number of Dr. Bose patients.  So try to find a really good doctor and don't worry about a little travel - if possible.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Gene

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 03:03:27 PM »
I have a appointment on Aug 1st with Dr Davoil in Yukon, ok and on Aug 2nd I have a appointment with Dr. BJ Hawkins in Tulsa, Ok.  I will let you know or you can email me at gknouse@hotmail.com to remind me,  what  I find out.  My Dr also suggested that I talk to Dr. Maitino in south OKC,  all three of these Dr's do the resurfacing but I don't know how many each have done, but going to find out....

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 08:13:01 AM »
Good luck Gene.  If you don't get the answers that you want from the doctors, you can always keep looking.  Sometimes it is worth traveling if get what you want.

Please keep us updated about what you find out about the doctors. There will always be people asking the same questions as you in the future and will appreciate any information that you post.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Gene

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2007, 09:04:45 AM »
Thanks Pat,  I will post what I find out on these Dr's.  I know I can keep looking but the pain is getting to me, I am so tired and just want it over with, but I am holding out for the right Dr.....one of my Dr's is getting me a name of a Dr in Houston that does the resurfacing, so who knows where I will end up....  ??? 

Gene

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2007, 09:07:24 AM »
CWEMPE,   where are you located at in Ok?  I am outside of the Enid area.

Gene

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 08:24:03 AM »
I have found 3 Dr's in Oklahoma,  Dr Davoil in Yukon (no experience)   Dr BJ Hawkins in Tulsa (did not go see him)  and Dr. Maitino in OKC (6 resurfacings) 

Good Luck

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat