+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Success and Pain free  (Read 2058 times)

saint7050

Success and Pain free
« on: February 07, 2011, 08:39:41 AM »
First I want to thank everyone for taking the time and sharing their experiences as well as their stories.  Without them I am not sure I would have made the right decision.  I started using surface hippy 4 months ago as a research tool after having severe groin pain which was shortly diagnosed to my doctors amazement as I am only 43 years old as degenerative bone disease..  After several cortizone shots with short lived results (2 weeks relief) I decided enough was enough and that there had to be something that could be done without all of the limitations of a THR.  I am an avid outdoorsman and like to run and workout with my faimily.  My wife is a physical therapist and was the one to recommended this site as several of her patients had utilized it for one thing or another.  Well after all of the research, I found the BHR system to be the best possible solution for my age and level of activity.  After finding a surgeon Dr. Mark Anderson Green Bay WI, (Go Pack Go) that had at least 100 surgeries using the BHR system and was close to my home I made the appointment to discuss my options.  Dr. Anderson agreed I was a great candidate for the BHR system and we scheduled my surgery for 1/31/2011. The emotional roller coaster that followed has been well documented by just about everyone who has posted on this site so I wont go into any details of my own except to say I shared each and everyone of them...    My surgery went extremely well with limited pain and up walking with crutches 1 day post op.  It is 2/7/2011 6 days post op and I can say, I feel amazing.  I am full weight bearing, no crutches, no pain and no pain medications....  Everyday that passes I get more strength back and am able to do a little bit more and still no pain.... 3 months ago if you asked if I would ever run or hunt again I would probably have said No.  Now I see a Bellen health run and hunting trip in my near future.  Thank you again for helping me take back my life...

halfdone

Re: Success and Pain free
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 09:29:36 AM »
 ;D Happy hunting saint!

Chris James

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 09:56:22 AM »
Hey Saint, I was 101&106 BY Dr. Anderson I was Bow Hunting at 8 weeks from my tree stand. After my first RBHR. It is nice to be pain free. Hit some golf balls last week in the net cant wait to start walking the golf course agian. Keep up with the PT and you will do fine. CJ     
RBHR 8/31/10 LBHR 11/9/10 Dr Mark Anderson Green Bay,Wi

hernanu

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 10:10:18 AM »
Congrats! sounds great.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Doug

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 01:58:39 PM »
Congrats to you and the Packers!  Sound like you are having a great recovery!  Keep up the work and you'll be more than ready for next season.
Right BHR December 20, 2010 Dr. Gregory Martin

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal