+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Inversion Table after HRS ???  (Read 7221 times)

chris finn

Inversion Table after HRS ???
« on: February 11, 2011, 05:08:42 AM »
Hi all....I have an inversion table which I use to stretch my back out on a regular basis. It seemed to help keep the disc trouble under control ( yes I have torn discs as well as the HR  ::) ) . So would it be ok to still use it?? Or would it be bad for the joint?? Is anyone else out there using one?? Im 9 weeks post op by the way.
BIRMINGHAM RESURFACE, LEFT HIP, 9TH DEC 2010,BY MR A. NORRISH...CONSULTANT-SURGEON, ADDENBROOKE`S HOSPITAL...CAMBRIDGE UK

halfdone

Re: Inversion Table after HRS ???
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 09:24:32 AM »
There's another message thread on this somewhere which may have some useful comments.  I happily used one after my last HR but not as early as 9 weeks post-op.  I would check with the surgeon, and I would not be surprised if you get the OK.  But I'm super conservative and waited until 6 months to do anything like this outside the parameters of regular PT, just to protect my investment!

halfdone

chris finn

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 09:36:18 AM »
Thanks for the link....it looks like I should wait a whille and talk it over with my surgeon first. To be honest I dont really need it at the moment it is more for future reference,as my back feels ok so far.

Cant believe that people use one for up to 30 mins...what are they Batman??  ;) ;D..10 mins done in 2 lots of 5 mins with a break inbetween was all I needed/could take in one go.
BIRMINGHAM RESURFACE, LEFT HIP, 9TH DEC 2010,BY MR A. NORRISH...CONSULTANT-SURGEON, ADDENBROOKE`S HOSPITAL...CAMBRIDGE UK

John C

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 10:03:50 PM »
I am currently 2.5 years out, and recently started using an inversion device called "invertrac". I chose it because you do not hang from your ankles, but instead tilt forward over a support pad that is at hip level, so you are hanging from your waist. I have avoided hanging prior to this, partly because of concerns some skiers have about stretching the knee ligaments. So far I am loving it, and it really solved some painful back issues I was having at the start of the year. It was interesting to note in their instructions, that you should not hang from the device if you have a hip replacement. I have noticed that my hip can feel a little stretched out ( it does not feel like a particularly good thing) after hanging, but it is very minor, and only last for a minute or so. The benefits for my back have been outstanding, so I am sticking with it. Just a few minutes at a time, a couple of times a day.
John/ Left uncemented Biomet/ Dr Gross/ 6-16-08
Right uncemented Biomet/Dr Gross/ 4/25/18

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Today at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
Yesterday at 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM