+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Doctor Information  (Read 1761 times)

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Doctor Information
« on: February 27, 2011, 09:29:25 AM »
I added separate sections for each of the more popular hip resurfacing surgeons. Members requested that I try having a special place for patients to talk with each other.  I will eventually add the doctors pre-surgery, surgery and post op protocols as I collect them.  If you have information from your surgeon, please send it to me.

I hope that the new sections will be a place where patients of each surgeon can contact each other about their experinces and problems.  Also a place for new people to meet patients of the doctors.

I will slowly add other doctors as I learn there are a group of interested patients to share their information in that section.

Pat
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 09:32:01 AM by Pat Walter »
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

FlbrkMike

Re: Doctor Information
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 11:55:37 AM »
Hi Pat,
I think this is a good idea, though I hope it won't mean that now Dr. Gross patients will only converse with other Dr. Gross patients, Dr. Su patients only with other Dr. Su patients, etc.  It's interesting and helpful to get experiences from all doctors in one place for comparison.

Mike
Dr. Ball
56 years old
LBHR 2/11/11
RBHR 3/11/11

Dayton96

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 12:19:37 PM »
My first thought was that patients of each surgeon would self-segregate and there would not be the free exchange of information that we have now.  The more I thought about it though, I finally decided that it would have been nice, when I was doing my research, to have been able to go to specific sections for each surgeon and ask questions.  I had a heck of a time getting specific information from some of the surgeon's offices that I contacted.  Fairly or unfairly, I ruled out a couple of surgeons because of the difficulty of dealing with their staffs.  So yes, I think a separate section for each surgeon would be great.  Once again Pat, thanks for continuing to evolve this site.  I wish I could find similar web sites for other medical issues.
Dr. Gross, Uncemented Biomet, Left, March 2011

obxpelican

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 01:51:43 PM »
The doctor section would be for post op, patients having problems or recovery issues would be in their normal places.

I thought it would be helpful if each doctor had their own section so that if someone was thinking about going to X surgeon they could go and lookup some of the pre and post-op experiences.

Chuck
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

obxpelican

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 01:53:53 PM »
Pat,

What about changing the main forum title to "Doctor experiences and protocols"?????

Chuck

Chuck
8-6-08

ScubaDuck

• Adventures in Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 02:35:29 PM »
Pat-

Can we add Dr. Pritchett in Seattle?  He has extensive experience and would add another geographic area.  I have read quite a few posts from his patients on here.

Dan
LHRA, Birmingham, Dr. Pritchett, 8/1/2011
RHRA, EndoTec, Dr. Pritchett, 12/6/2022
fullmetalhip.wordpress.com

obxpelican

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 05:58:50 PM »
Those are good points and certainly not what we were thinking.  We need to point patients to a spot where they can find all the information they need to learn about the surgeon they are wanting to operate on them.

We all need to pay it forward, especially those newbies and those with problems.

Chuck

My first thought was that patients of each surgeon would self-segregate and there would not be the free exchange of information that we have now.  The more I thought about it though, I finally decided that it would have been nice, when I was doing my research, to have been able to go to specific sections for each surgeon and ask questions.  I had a heck of a time getting specific information from some of the surgeon's offices that I contacted.  Fairly or unfairly, I ruled out a couple of surgeons because of the difficulty of dealing with their staffs.  So yes, I think a separate section for each surgeon would be great.  Once again Pat, thanks for continuing to evolve this site.  I wish I could find similar web sites for other medical issues.
Chuck
8-6-08

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 06:19:10 PM »
Hi
Chuck asked me to start the new section about the doctors and I thought it was a good idea.  I am hoping people will continue to post in the other sections, but might take time to post a little info under their doctors section.  I would hope that it won't be the only place they post, I hope they will continue to intermix with everyone in different topics on the discussion group.

It is never easy to come up with the best solution for the structure of a discussion group.  One method sounds good, then someone else has another idea.  I find it good to listen to others and try new things.  If it becomes a problem, I can always move the posts to other sections. 

Let's see how things go.  Indexing information always becomes diffiuclt.

Pat
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 06:20:43 PM by Pat Walter »
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Tin Soldier

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2011, 04:25:17 PM »
I like this idea a lot.  I was recently looking for info on a doc that has a lot of experience but didn't have a lot of posts about him here.  I did a search and found a fair amount of folks that had posted about him, and that worked for me, but the surgeon-specific areas will be a little easier to pull info from.

A quick thought.  I am a little concerned about inflamed or even nice, but not accurate info posted about a surgeon.  I know Pat has tried hard to keep that sort of junk off this website.  Obviously, our experiences, as long as we are honest, are accurate.  I guess I just worry that some folks might hear something negative about a surgeon, albeit a small thing, and it gets magnified by discussion and such.

I'm not sure if that can be addressed with a note at the top of the surgeon area, or if it's just a matter of the community keeping an eye on it. 

Just my 2 cents.  Thanks to Pat and others for all their hard work on this!   
LBHR 2/22/11, RBHR 8/23/11 - Pritchett.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Today at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
Yesterday at 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal