+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Meloxicam anyone on it? Have any luck with it?  (Read 2463 times)

obxpelican

Meloxicam anyone on it? Have any luck with it?
« on: March 07, 2011, 03:30:05 PM »
Ok, so my only joint that does not bother me is my operated hip, my doc today prescribed Meloxicam, anyone have any luck with it.

Sorry if this is a little bit off label for hip resurfacing.

TIA

Chuck
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

jjmclain

Re: Meloxicam anyone on it? Have any luck with it?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 03:34:31 PM »
Chuck,

I was on it for a little while for my hip (prior to my left BHR)...it helped a little, but my hip was so bad that I still had lots of pain. I am sure it would have been worse without it. I felt a little relief when I first went on it, but then not really. Certain meds work for some people and not for others. I think it helped the arthritis in my big toe!

It is also called Mobic. I am happy to say I don't need it anymore after having surgery!!!

June

stano

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 04:09:48 PM »
Chuck,
           I have been on Meloxican 15 mg for two months now.  Im am 19 months post bhr, looking to help with the self inflicted pain that I have after running.  Some would say stop running, I just keep trying a different routine, but Im not sure if it is doing anything for me.

stano 

Anniee

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 08:20:55 PM »
I've been on it for about one year (7.5 mg).  It does help some with the pain, but it certainly does not get rid of it!  I hope I can stop taking it after my resurfacing!
Annie/ Right Uncemented Biomet 4-20-11/Left Uncemented Biomet 10-12-11/Dr. Gross

John C

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 09:23:08 PM »
Celebrex, 200mg, does the trick for me. Without taking it, my non-operated hip would hurt so much, that I would have great difficulty skiing this winter. At the start of the winter, it hurt enough that I was sure that I would have to schedule the surgery for my second hip right away. When I started taking the Celebrex, things improved to the  point that I do not feel it most of the time. I will have to get this second hip resurfaced in the next year or two, but as long as Celebrex keeps it under control enough that I can ski mostly pain free, I will wait. It should be noted that Celebrex does have some question regarding heart attacks, like the other COX 2 inhibitors that were pulled off the market. So far, the studies have not been conclusive enough for Celebrex to be pulled. The good news is that as a COX 2 inhibitor, it is the only anti-inflamatory that I can take without burning out my stomach, again.
John/ Left uncemented Biomet/ Dr Gross/ 6-16-08
Right uncemented Biomet/Dr Gross/ 4/25/18

obxpelican

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 07:42:41 AM »
John,

I've always done well on celebrex, Dr. Gross gave that to me post-op and I loved it but I quit taking it when I kept hearing that it's indeed in the same family as Vioxx and that kind of worried me.

Chuck
Chuck
8-6-08

AlanN

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 09:50:30 AM »
Hi Chuck,
tried it for s few months when I complained to my doctor that Diclofenac (which I had been on for 18 months) was having bad effects on me.

To be honest, it was next to useless compared to the Diclofenac, which I ended up back on :(
Alan
Motor Racing nut now with LHBHR ;)

zman

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 11:19:07 AM »
I had it before my resurfacing. I did not think it was anything special or any better than ibuprofin.

Bruce

obxpelican

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 11:23:54 AM »
Thanks everyone for their respones, you guys are awesome!

Chuck
Chuck
8-6-08

Big Bill

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 02:42:01 PM »
Big Bill here .....Chuck.....several other things did not work for me...Meloxicam did....I took it for about a year or more and up to 2 weeks before my  Cormet resurfacing.

C.A.S.H.   8)

obxpelican

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 05:02:42 PM »
Thanks for the input Bill, this seems to be a case by case thing.

The one thing my doctor said is that the medicine is long acting whereas Ibuprophen is much shorter.

I have the bottle, I just have not cracked it open yet.

Chuck
Chuck
8-6-08

Magnus

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 10:31:04 PM »
Melociam did the trick for me prior to BHR....I could not have lived without it.   Ibuprofin did nothing for me...I was eating them like Skittles.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat